Project Ara Coming, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

schm1tty

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
The SOC is located in the frame with all the other essentials for running the phone(battery, ram, etc) according to the project ara website.

Theez

Commendable
May 21, 2016
"The Ara frame contains the CPU, GPU, antennas, sensors, battery and display, freeing up more room for hardware in each module. We are looking to module makers to create technology never before seen on smartphones."

So basically i can't swap out anything that the original ara would let me.(what i for one was intrested in the first place!!!!). I mean the whole ara was about modularity. Now this is just a phone with swappable speakers, camera and gps.

gunbust3r

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
What happened to the golden retriever and rainbow modules? Did they decide making it look like a lisa frank disaster you would purchase at 7-11 was a bad idea after all? I guess its going for the original render that got the geeks all wet. A $600 phone that falls apart.

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
The SOC is located in the frame with all the other essentials for running the phone(battery, ram, etc) according to the project ara website.

...right. As I stated in the article. But because of the vague language, I think all those parts are housed in that 3x2 "module." Look at any of the renders, and every shot in the video: It's the only part that never changes. Plus, they have to cram all that stuff SOMEwhere.

scolaner

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014

Maybe the biggest mistake is the hipsters. This could be ideal for pro, enterprise and industrial applications.

schm1tty

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.