Proper psu for gtx 1080 ti

steverenaud77

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017
Hey all

I'm doing my first build and went with a gtx 1080 ti and a i7 7700k eventually oc. I'm looking to find the best psu, that will have the proper connections for it. I searched this but I couldn't find anything on pci express connectors , Only wattage. I see it needs 1 6pin and 1 8 pin. Could someone give me a little insight on this . I'm a newbie lol.

Solution

2 GPU's aren't worth it, you don't get performance to price ratio out of them. (Unless all you do is run 3Dmark and not games)

And that's not even getting into the issues with the games as most don't support SLI.

A single GPU solution is better and will be in the future as the makers move away from SLI/Crossfire.

You will be fine with a 650W PSU down the road.

That's for the reference card..

The partner cards need 2x 8 Pin.

A good solid 650W PSU like a Seasonic Focus or EVGA G3 or G2 would be fine.

Also a Corsair TX650M or Seasonic G-650 if on a budget.

He will be fine, I have almost the same setup and a Seasonic X-650, my GTX 1080 FTW2 doesn't pull much less than a GTX 1080Ti. I have plenty of headroom left.

With a good 750W he could do an SLI GTX 1080Ti setup.

steverenaud77

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017
Thanks so much . I never even thought about going with two gpu's. It would sure be nice to do eventually, so if I went with a 750w it would give me enough power to add another down the road?

2 GPU's aren't worth it, you don't get performance to price ratio out of them. (Unless all you do is run 3Dmark and not games)

And that's not even getting into the issues with the games as most don't support SLI.

A single GPU solution is better and will be in the future as the makers move away from SLI/Crossfire.

You will be fine with a 650W PSU down the road.

Solution