Protect me from Granddaughter

Shakey

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

I have always been the only user of my system but now allow granddaughter to
play games "online and internal".
However she pokes around and gets into everything.
How can I limit her program access to only those I chose and not allow her
to access taskbar or all programs from start menu.
I set up a limited account but cant find out how to add restrictions or
permissions for this type of need.
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
SG

Hi,

www.dougknox.com, pick up Doug's Security Console.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"shakey" <shakey@sonic.net> wrote in message
>I have always been the only user of my system but now allow granddaughter
>to play games "online and internal".
> However she pokes around and gets into everything.
> How can I limit her program access to only those I chose and not allow her
> to access taskbar or all programs from start menu.
> I set up a limited account but cant find out how to add restrictions or
> permissions for this type of need.
> Thank you
> Thank you
> Thank you
> SG

Shakey

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

Looks like that will do it. Would have been much simpler if I could just
chose the programs she can use.
Oh Well Thanks, will set it up tomorrow. Sure hope it ONLY affects her
logon.
SG

> Hi,
>
> www.dougknox.com, pick up Doug's Security Console.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "shakey" <shakey@sonic.net> wrote in message
>>I have always been the only user of my system but now allow granddaughter
>>to play games "online and internal".
>> However she pokes around and gets into everything.
>> How can I limit her program access to only those I chose and not allow
>> her to access taskbar or all programs from start menu.
>> I set up a limited account but cant find out how to add restrictions or
>> permissions for this type of need.
>> Thank you
>> Thank you
>> Thank you
>> SG

As long as you run the utility from her desktop, it will. Or with the licensed version, you can run it from your desktop and modify only her profile. You can also prevent her from using specific applications in the licensed version.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

shakey wrote:
> I have always been the only user of my system but now allow granddaughter to
> play games "online and internal".
> However she pokes around and gets into everything.
> How can I limit her program access to only those I chose and not allow her
> to access taskbar or all programs from start menu.
> I set up a limited account but cant find out how to add restrictions or
> permissions for this type of need.
> Thank you
> Thank you
> Thank you
> SG

HOW TO Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q308418

HOW TO Use the Internet Explorer 6 Content Advisor to Control Access
to Web Sites in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310401

Protect Your PC

For some requirements, you may find it easier to invest in a
3rd-party solution, such as NetNanny or CyberPatrol.

You need to be aware, however, that *NO* technical or software
solution is fool-proof, and _none_ can ever adequately take the place of
live adult supervision. If you cannot trust your grand-daughter to
safely/properly use the computer without supervision, you may have to
consider limiting her access to it.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: