PS/2 keyboard not connected or does not work properly

inf3

Reputable
Aug 27, 2015
I run perfmon /report and I got some error message about input devices. Someting like the PS/2 keyboard does not work properly tv_ConfigMgrErr24. I bought the mobo second hand, but the SSD is brand new and I installed the system with USB keyboard. I haven't used PS/2 for many years. I tried to find the driver in the device manager, but nothing PS/2 related is there. My current keyboard is Logitech K120. Any idea what this means or whether I should fix anything? I experience strange things with this keyboard, my windows sometimes lose focus when I am typing and it changes language when I press alt+shift in-game (afaik. it should not do that by full-screen apps). There is no virus on the computer unless it came with the motherboard. Eset Smart Security was the first thing I installed after the opsystem and I rarely download softwares without digital signature.

Solution
the problem is with the driver. Altho you use USB, it uses the same Ps/2 driver in the windows, "translating" the info from the USB keyboard to the driver. Probably you are using the same windows for a long time, and it acumulated problems due to updates or changes. Formatting would be the easy way, but you may try forcing usb and ps2 driver controllers to update.

nagazai

Reputable
Nov 13, 2017
the problem is with the driver. Altho you use USB, it uses the same Ps/2 driver in the windows, "translating" the info from the USB keyboard to the driver. Probably you are using the same windows for a long time, and it acumulated problems due to updates or changes. Formatting would be the easy way, but you may try forcing usb and ps2 driver controllers to update.

Solution

inf3

Reputable
Aug 27, 2015

It is Win7, I installed it a year ago. I might install a Linux later.