PS4 Games Head To PlayStation Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

zahan

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
Sony, just stop it, PS4 was promised BC - we get PS2 on PS4, and how small a library we have. PS3 titles are ok but PS4 streaming isn't the way to go, go all out PS1,2,3,4 games on NOW and have it setup for 15 a month. Every game every made on one service..............{Drops Mic}

alextheblue

Distinguished
This is definitely a response to the Xbox Game Pass announcement. However, PS Now remains a streaming-only service at this time. Xbox Game Pass titles are downloaded and run locally - and this will include XB1 titles and in the near future 360 games. I much prefer local installs over streaming, when possible. At $10 a month it seems like Xbox Game Pass has the potential to be really good.

With that being said, it's nice to see PS4 titles come to PS Now. One thing Sony fans should consider: if Xbox Game Pass does well, it benefits you too. The better XGP performs, the more likely Sony is to step up and introduce features, as well as drop price. They should drop price and offer a discount program similar to Game Pass. They should also let you can download and play PS4 games locally on an actual PS4. They can't do so with PS3 games on a PS4 because the system isn't capable of backwards compatibility, but at least PS4 titles would be nice.

Dosflores

Reputable
Jul 8, 2014
Xbox Game Pass is a lot like PlayStation Now--it streams Xbox games to Windows and Xbox One users for a monthly fee

That statement is incorrect. Xbox Game Pass doesn't stream games; it lets you download and play them while your subscription is active. Which means that Xbox 360 and Xbox One games only work on Xbox One (and future Scorpio) consoles. You can only play on Windows those games which feature Xbox Play Anywhere, and there's only a handful of them right now (Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3...).

I think Microsoft's approach is more attractive. I'd rather download than stream. And this approach has the potential to sell more Xbox One S consoles. If you've got a gaming PC, and subscribe to Xbox Game Pass to play some Xbox Play Anywhere games, you might be tempted to buy that console in order to be able to play the older games too. Sony's approach, on the other hand, has the potential to prevent owners of gaming PCs from ever buying a PlayStation console again.

I installed the Playstation Now app and was immediately alerted by virus protection that a couple of the program's javascript files were highly suspect. I haven't looked into it any further but that took the wind out of my sails. I'm not giving Sony my CC info just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS