Question PS5 Digital only vs. Disc edition ?

rockerrb3

Honorable
Dec 1, 2016
Do these 2 different versions of the PS5 come with the same amount of internal memory right out of the box? I want one that I can use to play Grand Theft Auto IV.

rockerrb3

Honorable
Dec 1, 2016
If I buy the one that uses discs do I have to buy a physical disc to play a game or can I simply download one and play it from the SSD like I can on the discless version?

D

Deleted member 14196

For me I hate physical media so I would just go for the download only because there’s no difference in hardware. Then you’re never gonna lose your games and they’re never gonna get scratched you can’t give them to somebody who will screw them up etc. etc..
My son has a PlayStation five and it has the disk and he never uses it. Not once. He also prefers a digital library because then if he goes to somebody’s house, he can continue playing, etc. etc..

rockerrb3

Honorable
Dec 1, 2016
ty to the both of you. walmart ran out of the discless version, so i bought the one with the discs, which is good for me because i am over a decade behind on my video game playing and i want to make sure that i can play ps4 games in the event that one inparticular may not be available on the ps4 network. I haven't even played gta IV or gta V.