PSU cable won't connect properly to motherboard

leitr89

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014
The cable connecting my PSU to my motherboard won't connect all the way. I sometimes have to wiggle it to make the PC turn on. One prong on the PSU cable appears to be pushed in a bit and I'm guessing that this is the cause of the faulty connection. Is there anything I can do, short of purchasing a new PSU, to fix this problem? Perhaps some way to pull the prong out further from the plastic coating? Appreciate the help in advance!

Solution
Often you can push the wire into place from the backside. It sounds like it didn't 'click' into place.
If it slide down and up real easy, pull it out and you will see two 'tabs' on the metal connector. You can bend these tabs outwards a bit and reinsert it into the connector so it locks into place.

popatim

Titan
Often you can push the wire into place from the backside. It sounds like it didn't 'click' into place.
If it slide down and up real easy, pull it out and you will see two 'tabs' on the metal connector. You can bend these tabs outwards a bit and reinsert it into the connector so it locks into place.

Solution