Question PSU causing complete power loss under load?

Murchinator

Honorable
Apr 22, 2014
3 months ago I upgraded my motherboard, CPU and ram. Ran stable with my old GPU still installed. A week ago I upgraded my GPU to a new Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT and now experience sudden power loss while under heavy loads. After playing a round of PUBG, returning to the lobby, then starting a new game my whole system looses power. The PC runs fine and idle and under low loads.

I was able to replicate this using OCCT stress testing. Ran a power stress test for 20 mins, all voltages seemed okay, temps peaked at 78 degrees for CPU and 71 degrees GPU. Stopped the test, waited 2 minutes then started another stress test and the whole system powered down again.

I am running stock clocks and have updated all drivers as well as my BIOS. Can I get some confirmation this is most likely PSU issue? It's now my oldest component (5+ years old at this point)

Specs;
Ryzen 7 3700x
Stock Wraith Prism cooler
Gigabyte Aorus Ultra X570
2 x 16GB 3200 MHz Corsair Vengence LPX
Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro+
EVGA 750W G2
1TB Samsung EVO 860 SSD

Murchinator

Honorable
Apr 22, 2014
That is a power hungry card you just upgraded to. Do you have anything than can read power draw from the socket? I'm having a hard time believing it could overpower a 750w G2, but I am curious what the consumption looks like.
Unfortunately I do not have any meters to monitor the power. I feel like the PSU is just starting to age and is failing under the heavy loading/unloading/loading from gaming. Was looking to confirm that suspicion on this forum before purchasing a new PSU.

Unfortunately I do not have any meters to monitor the power. I feel like the PSU is just starting to age and is failing under the heavy loading/unloading/loading from gaming. Was looking to confirm that suspicion on this forum before purchasing a new PSU.

What does the warranty look like on the G2? If it is having issues, a warranty RMA might be an option. A 750w unit of that level of quality isn't cheap.

Murchinator

Honorable
Apr 22, 2014
What does the warranty look like on the G2? If it is having issues, a warranty RMA might be an option. A 750w unit of that level of quality isn't cheap.
Bought used 5-6 years ago, I could contact them to see if I could RMA. But a new G3 750W is currently $160 CAD which I have no problem with.