[SOLVED] PSU Compatibility

Aug 5, 2020
I have a Delta DPS-500AB-6 A and getting a Ryzen 5 3600 with a MSI PRO B550- A PRO. 16gb of ram and a 1050 ti OC. Is my PSU compatible. I know my Watts aren’t an issue but i think it’s a server PSU. Just want to make sure before purchasing.

Thanks!

Solution
That delta is compatible and in all honesty back in the day they were very good quality.

The age of it would concern me now to be honest more than anything else, meaning degradation from prolonged use and also the fact that's its an old group regulated design rather than the dc regulated units that are more practical with modern components. That psu model is from 2013 or thereabouts.

But yes, in essence it's compatible, just whether you trust it or not with brand new components.

Tartarnos

Prominent
Aug 19, 2019
as far as i know (i am not really sure) server psu's comes with ETX form factor instead of ATX. Like they are slimmer but longer. Electrically all psu's are the same. You wont find that much noticeable feature differencies. Mostly the quality and power range is different

That delta is compatible and in all honesty back in the day they were very good quality.

The age of it would concern me now to be honest more than anything else, meaning degradation from prolonged use and also the fact that's its an old group regulated design rather than the dc regulated units that are more practical with modern components. That psu model is from 2013 or thereabouts.

But yes, in essence it's compatible, just whether you trust it or not with brand new components.

Solution