Psu evga. Is this one a good one or not

Nov 5, 2019
There was a deal on Newegg for a psu. I just want to see if it is one of the good evga ones. It's the evga 600br nonmodular

EVGA 600 BR 100-BR-0600-K1 600W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI CrossFire 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Non-Modular Active PFC Power Supply

DSzymborski

Titan
Have to echo what others said. There is a time and place for basic budget PSUs like an EVGA BR (or a newer Corsair VS). That time and place doesn't involve GPUs that can hit the 200W mark. There's a lot of variability in how much juice a PC like that will need at any point and I'd rather have something more stable and better able to handle stress.

Nov 5, 2019
Have to echo what others said. There is a time and place for basic budget PSUs like an EVGA BR (or a newer Corsair VS). That time and place doesn't involve GPUs that can hit the 200W mark. There's a lot of variability in how much juice a PC like that will need at any point and I'd rather have something more stable and better able to handle stress.
So it is the wattage that matters more or the platform?

Also is the rosewill hive series a good psu?
Nope. The PSU is the backbone of a computer. You want a weak unreliable backbone? A cheap PSU can literally FRY your other components. If you want a PSU in that price range nobody is gonna recommended one because they are all bad. So your options are, spend enough to get a decent one or pick whatever you think is best and roll with the results.