Psu Failing ?

Jul 24, 2018
Okay so i've had this problem for a while.When playing games my pc just reboots.Now i've tried many things to fix this and none have worked :/
What i did:
-Changed the thermal paste on the gpu
-Underclocked the gpu
-Underclocked the cpu
-Underclocked the max power usage on gpu
-Upgraded the drivers
-Downgraded the drivers
-Updated windows (156 updates in total)
-Re-installed Microsoft Visual C++ (all versions)

Specs:

Gpu:R9 380X
Cpu: i7-7700k
Psu: Chieftec 600w
Ram: 8gb ddr4
Hard drive:ST3500413AS 500gb
SSD:Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB
Motherboard:H170M-D3H-CF

Any help appriciated

Solution

That's a fairly mediocre PSU as well and possibly a bad one depending on which variant you end up with.

The least expensive PSUs worth buying tend to be the Corsair CX 450/550 PSUs (black and gray letter, *not* the CX 430) or the SeaSonic S12/M12 series.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
This type of behavior is generally a temperature issue or a power supply issue. Assuming your temperatures are fine, the PSU would be the next place to look at, especially considering this is from a brand that mostly sells very low-quality power supplies. With a CPU that cost over $300 and one of the most power-hungry single GPUs ever made, I'd be replacing that power supply even without these symptoms.

When it reboots does it just go off like a light bulb (that is, without the Windows reboot sequence)? If it just goes off like that, that sounds more like hardware of some kind than a driver issue. The PSU brand is unfamilar, and a Google search came up with mixed results. One model had a good review but other results indicate the quality of their units vary.

Jul 24, 2018

It completly shuts down in a second,there is no kind of warning that the pc is going to shut down.And then it turns back on again.

Jul 24, 2018

The temps are fine,i think.The gpu dosen't go above 77-80c.And the cpu dosent go above 75c.The cpu and the gpu have new thermal paste.

Jul 24, 2018

So it seem, i also tried a different outlet. Dosen't work either :/
I think im gonna get a new psu, don't know wich, thinking about Thermaltake TR2-600w but im not sure wich yet.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

That's a fairly mediocre PSU as well and possibly a bad one depending on which variant you end up with.

The least expensive PSUs worth buying tend to be the Corsair CX 450/550 PSUs (black and gray letter, *not* the CX 430) or the SeaSonic S12/M12 series.

Solution