[SOLVED] PSU FAN LOUD WHEN GAMING

May 23, 2020
Hello guys after 10 months of using my psu it was working perfectly fine until last month it started making weird noise (clicking ) when the psu fan speed is changing then after that it started making loud fan noise like the fan is speeding so much when gaming like +60% of gpu im wondering if that is dangerous somehow

and i wanna ask you guys if its dangerous like can i keep it for like other 2months and not playing demending games ? i cant get another one now cause of my budget and also the corona virus situation :(( !
THE PSU IS : THERMALTAKE SMART RGB 500W
My specs :
Ryzen 5 2600X
MSI GTX 1660 Gaming X
8GB RAM DDR4 2666Mhz
Asus B450m-k prime

Solution
Well your PSU is quite poor quality and not very well built.

I am not sure but it sounds like a fan fault, which should still be covered by your warranty. You should contact Thermaltake regarding this issue.

It could potentially be dangerous if the PSU fan completely fails and the PSU overheats. It should shut off before damage occurs, but given how mediocre the unit is, maybe not.

I am not sure but it sounds like a fan fault, which should still be covered by your warranty. You should contact Thermaltake regarding this issue.

It could potentially be dangerous if the PSU fan completely fails and the PSU overheats. It should shut off before damage occurs, but given how mediocre the unit is, maybe not.

Solution
May 23, 2020

when i put my hand under the psu fan when its going loud i feel like coldness coming out that made me think that its not overheating but i dont really know
im thinking about getting cooler master mwe 650W white what do you think about it ? or maybe ill rma it and get the same one ,,,, and thnx for your help

Hello guys after 10 months of using my psu it was working perfectly fine until last month it started making weird noise (clicking ) when the psu fan speed is changing then after that it started making loud fan noise like the fan is speeding so much when gaming like +60% of gpu im wondering if that is dangerous somehow

and i wanna ask you guys if its dangerous like can i keep it for like other 2months and not playing demending games ? i cant get another one now cause of my budget and also the corona virus situation :(( !
THE PSU IS : THERMALTAKE SMART RGB 500W
My specs :
Ryzen 5 2600X
MSI GTX 1660 Gaming X
8GB RAM DDR4 2666Mhz
Asus B450m-k prime

If it's only 10 months old, it's still under warranty.

See if Thermaltake can give you an advanced replacement.