Detaic

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2015
Hi guys

I just started upgrading my PC, right now I upgraded my CPU to a Ryzen 7600X (from an i7-4790K), and my RAM with 32 GB of DDR5-5200 (from DDR3-1600).
I'm planning on upgrading my R9 290 OC right now, and I found a 6950XT for around 930$ (the 7900XT is at 1450$) which seems a pretty good deal here, but I'm incredibly worried about my PSU. It's quite old (8-9 years, I used it since my last upgrade), it is a Fractal Design Integra R2 750W. Is it even theoretically possible that it can handle the 6950XT, or should I forget it and upgrade?

Upgrade for my PSU is planned regardless, but is it possible that it can go for another 1-2 months with the 6950XT, or don't even try?

Thank you all for answers!

I wouldn't either. That power supply won't have the modern protection systems a new one would have and will likely be an old group regulated unit instead of having regulations on each line. That means more chance that the power supply won't shut down to protect its and the PC's components, it'll burn components and possibly take a part of your PC with it.

You're putting the cart before the horse here. You know your current model of power supply isn't up to the job, so why are you even considering buying the graphics card first?

Reactions: KyaraM

TRENDING THREADS