Oct 15, 2020
Hello
ummm i was wondering if i can use this psu : mxp370S-ex
For this build :
Gpu : gt1030
Cpu : core i3 10100f
Ram : g skill aegis 8gb 3200mhz
Motherboard : asus prime h410m-k
If not what is the minimum for this build?

Solution
That's 255W PSU. Old, low end unit.
Your system power requirements are so low, it would work just fine.

But if you ever decide to put some more powerful graphics card in there, then definitely change PSU also.
Oct 15, 2020
Can you show photo of psu label from that thing?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

300W PSU would be enough to power that setup. GT 1030 uses only ~30W. Very power efficient.
Ok wait a sec
I have the psu right now so i'll just take a picture and send it here
I am using the gt1030 with a core i3 550 on this psu but i'm just not sure about core i3 10100f and h410m-k
SAVE_20201229_140711.jpg

Oct 15, 2020
That's 255W PSU. Old, low end unit.
Your system power requirements are so low, it would work just fine.

But if you ever decide to put some more powerful graphics card in there, then definitely change PSU also.
Yeah it's old but thank you so much!
And ummm i also have another question
Let's say i upgrade from this :
RAM: DDR3 4GB 1333MHZ
GPU: GT430
CPU: Core i3 550
To this :
RAM: DDR4 8GB 3000MHZ
GPU: GT1030
CPU: Core i3 10100f
How much of an upgrade would it be?
Well of course i don't want it for heavy gaming or anything like that but on that old pc, windows 10 is running slow as heck

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Ow. That psu will work, but it's a question of for how long. It's a 50¢ pair of flip-flops, works ok for shower-shoes, but 1 good trip to the beach and they are done. They'll not only break, but give you blisters as well, and thats the main issue with modern equipment, it Likes nice clean power, where DC voltage actually looks like the straight line it's supposed to be, that psu you have is not capable of that.

It would be first on the list for replacement, as soon as possible, finding a better Quality psu will not be hard as low on the list as that unit is.

Reactions: Prad_Bitt
Oct 15, 2020
Ow. That psu will work, but it's a question of for how long. It's a 50¢ pair of flip-flops, works ok for shower-shoes, but 1 good trip to the beach and they are done. They'll not only break, but give you blisters as well, and thats the main issue with modern equipment, it Likes nice clean power, where DC voltage actually looks like the straight line it's supposed to be, that psu you have is not capable of that.

It would be first on the list for replacement, as soon as possible, finding a better Quality psu will not be hard as low on the list as that unit is.
Okay thanks 🙂