hardys77

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2014
Hello, I have noticed this first time last week when I got to play 3-4 games of Phasmophobia with a friend, something I haven't heard before on my PC. It's like a buzzing sound I think, first I thought it sounded like electricity on my PSU but I'm not really sure if it's coming from PSU or GPU, anyways, it starts ONLY when playing this game and it stops 2-3 seconds after I close it. I also checked task manager, the gpu is of course at 100% but games runs smoothly without any freezes or lag, lowering the graphic settings might help with my "issue" ? PC doesn't act weird at all, freeze or lag... It's just the weird sound that worries me.

psu: njoy freia 600w 80+ bronze
gpu: 1050ti gtx 4gb
cpu: ryzen 3 2200g
ram: 20gb hyperx savage
win 10 x64

The psu is fairly "new" I got it only 5 months ago and never had trouble with it, the gpu was bought about 14 months ago.

Thanks.

Hello, I have noticed this first time last week when I got to play 3-4 games of Phasmophobia with a friend, something I haven't heard before on my PC. It's like a buzzing sound I think, first I thought it sounded like electricity on my PSU but I'm not really sure if it's coming from PSU or GPU, anyways, it starts ONLY when playing this game and it stops 2-3 seconds after I close it. I also checked task manager, the gpu is of course at 100% but games runs smoothly without any freezes or lag, lowering the graphic settings might help with my "issue" ? PC doesn't act weird at all, freeze or lag... It's just the weird sound that worries me.

psu: njoy freia 600w 80+ bronze
gpu: 1050ti gtx 4gb
cpu: ryzen 3 2200g
ram: 20gb hyperx savage
win 10 x64

The psu is fairly "new" I got it only 5 months ago and never had trouble with it, the gpu was bought about 14 months ago.

Thanks.
Try some other heavy games. See if the sound persists. If it does, it's probably coil whine