PSU is restarting my PC while my GPU is on load!!

raidersbd

Honorable
Jun 16, 2014
The new power supply is restarting the pc whenever i put my gpu on load. For example: Benchmarking via Furmark results a restart. [Every time i click on "Go" button benchmark screen appears and pc reboots.]

As my previous 1 had the same problem and another one died after installing GPU. So why this is happening and is my gpu faulty or all of my psu?

Thanks in advance ^_^

PC Configuration:

Core i3 540 [No overheating problem]

Asrock H55M-LE

Gigabyte GTX 750

Corsair vengeance 4GB x2

UPS

Thermaltake TR2 450W

Previous PSU: Corsair vs450 [Same restart issue] and Gigabyte powerock 350w [It died after installing GPU]

Solution
Well that does not sound great.

The GTX 750 takes less power than the 650ti and I am sure the i3-540 is not a power hog either.

Closest system to yours I have has a i5 750 and GTX 650ti. I had a hard time pulling 180 watts(it has a 300 watt FSP unit) from my UPS(I am guessing that is pretty close). Now my board is very friendly, but I can not see you needing more than 200ish(not saying to use a 200 watt power supply or anything.) under heavy load.

Dugimodo

Distinguished
Seems likely it's not the PSU given you've already tried replacing it. Maybe the graphics card is overheating. How old is it and has it always done this? might be a warranty issue. I'd have considered the corsair a better unit than the thermaltake normally.

Bear in mind I can only guess, I mention that because I hate the Idea of someone spending money based on one of my guesses and it's not the problem. If you can borrow another graphics card with similar power requirements to test with that would answe the question, or you may need to bite the bullet and take it in to a pc repair company somewhere for professional diagnosis.

raidersbd

Honorable
Jun 16, 2014

Its the psu restarting the pc whenever the gpu goes on load. And again when i installed the psu (after vs450) the card ran fine and no problem occurred. But as this new psu is now 2 months old all of a sudden i am facing this problem. I dnt have another system and didnt test the card on any other system yet.

Well that does not sound great.

The GTX 750 takes less power than the 650ti and I am sure the i3-540 is not a power hog either.

Closest system to yours I have has a i5 750 and GTX 650ti. I had a hard time pulling 180 watts(it has a 300 watt FSP unit) from my UPS(I am guessing that is pretty close). Now my board is very friendly, but I can not see you needing more than 200ish(not saying to use a 200 watt power supply or anything.) under heavy load.

Solution

raidersbd

Honorable
Jun 16, 2014

Afaik card is ok. As when i replaced my previous psu the card worked perfectly. But dnt know current condition as i cant check :p as it reboots but on first boot after a long gap i can use furmark and check how much load the card can take and it looks like ok. Though on second go it reboots.