PSU pin out for graphic card

Feb 1, 2019
I ordered custom PSU cable for my GPU but it seems different from my original cable.

Original Custom
□□□□ □□□□
□■□□ □□□■

So the original has empty slot on the shaded pin out and custom cable has empty slot on the end of pin out.

***note that this is connector to PSU not GPU side

Is this going to cause the problem?

Feb 1, 2019
I am the questioner. I asked the guy who made the cable for me. He said
"The Type 3 housing are all 12v on the bottom and all grounds on the top pins. There are two wires crimped together in the top row because the there are 5 ground wires. The bottom is wired differently by the maker but they do not matter because they are all soldered into the same block inside the PSU"

Is this correct?

The PSU connector may not be the same on all models, you would have to check with the PSU vendor. I do know that people have tried to interchange PCIe power cables between brands and models and it did not work for them from other posts. If the cable does not match the OEM one, I would check if the cable maker would guarantee it if the power supply or video card were damaged. Then again, I would not use a custom cable but just stick with whatever came with the PSU, for that reason. I'm not going to risk a PSU and video card for a pretty cable.