Solution
that is a good one it is 80 plus and it is antec very reliable

the thing with PSUs is you don't want to skip on cost even if your PSU is expensive it will make or break oyur computer

a bad PSu can cause your system to be unstable and sometimes might cause problems to other components such as frying the cpu or shorting the mobo and the worst would be damage to a HDD

so good brand are: OCZ, Corsair, Silverstone, Seasonic, PC&PC, Antec

they are equally reliable and in the end it comes down to hjow much power you need and what brand you prefer

the PSU you linked is good, now just see if it meets the power requirements of your computer

Upendra09

Distinguished
yeah you want to use an 80 plus PSU, they use less electricity compared to the one you have and the higher the rating the better such as 80 plus gold is the best 80 plus silver and 80 plus bronze are all good

if it just says 80 plus then it is just more efficient than normal ones

Upendra09

Distinguished
that is a good one it is 80 plus and it is antec very reliable

the thing with PSUs is you don't want to skip on cost even if your PSU is expensive it will make or break oyur computer

a bad PSu can cause your system to be unstable and sometimes might cause problems to other components such as frying the cpu or shorting the mobo and the worst would be damage to a HDD

so good brand are: OCZ, Corsair, Silverstone, Seasonic, PC&PC, Antec

they are equally reliable and in the end it comes down to hjow much power you need and what brand you prefer

the PSU you linked is good, now just see if it meets the power requirements of your computer

Solution
OK, let's get real here:

1. Changing PSU's, all by itself, should not change power draw at wall.....if anything, the new PSU would be more efficient and supply only what the puter needs.

2. 550 watt PSU at "average" (not hard core gamer) usage will draw about 300 watts, tops ..... at 80% efficiency, that's 375 at wall.

3. 4 hours per weekday, 8 on weekends means an average of 5.14 hrs per day

4. 375 watts x 5.14 hrs x 30.4 days in month x $0.10 per kwh / 1000 watts per kw = $5.86

5. At full 550 watt output at 8 hours a day at $0.20 per KW = $33.44

It ain't the puter.

shovenose

Distinguished
Im using it on my via machine, since when i figure out my netwrking issues i will be doing foldig@home for toms hardware team either12 or 24 hours a day... I want to kind out how much power that takes. When i had it running yezterday for 35mins it usex up 0.01 kwh... Can someone figure out how many kwhs that is in a day? The wierd thing is that it only drwas 25-35w when on and a whooping 2w whn off.