PSU the Problem?

power_beam

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018
Hey guys so I made a thread earlier asking about PSUs but I guess I should have made this post first. So I built my pc about a month ago with an Rx570 and everything was running fine. I upgraded to 1070TI and I couldn't run games for long. Put back the Rx570 but now I can't run graphic intensive titles like GTA V for long, max prob 15 mins, but before I could. However playing League of Legends, which seems to draw less power stays on for much longer and probably would stay for as long as I kept computer on. Now I know it seems like I answered my own question already but was wondering if it could possibly be any other issues since I can't run GTA V for very long now on my Rx570. Also the current PSU I am using is a ThemalTake 600W Smart Series 80+ but I did it buy it from Fry's where they did list on the box that the product had been possibly opened and returned. Wrote this in a bit of hurry, ask for clarification if needed to help me solve this issue. Almost 95% sure it is the PSU but just want expert and secondary opinions. Thank you for your time!

power_beam

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018

How would I look at Rail %s. I have CPUID Hardware monitor

power_beam

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018
ALSO was playing overwatch for sometime and it was drawing a lot of Watts from the gpu but was not using the cpu as much, so it only drew 40 watts from that. At this point I believe it is the PSU and it can deliver the voltage needed when the PC is a playing game that fully utilizes both the CPU and GPU to nears it max. I’ll update once my new PSU comes in.