Question PSU works on one computer, but not on the other.

Nov 18, 2020
Hi:

System A: Gigabyte Mobo, Core i5 7th gen, 2 sdd, gtx 1060 6gb, 16 ram.

System B: Asus B550 F Gaming, Ryzen 3600xt, 32 ram, kraken cooling, one sdd, GTX 1060 6gb.

PSU (Corsair CX 750M) works on system A perfectly, but does not work on system B (it only starts for maybe a second and turns off). Everything is correctly connected.

I tried another PSU (Corsair CX 550M), that one works perfectly on both systems A and B.

I have to ad that the CX 750M worked for a while on System B. I put a GPU Sapphire 4700xt on it, and after 20 mins the gpu died on me so I replaced it with system A's GPU. After an hour or so, the CX 750M stopped working on system B, but works perfectly on system A.

At first I thought that the faulty GPU damaged the PSU or that the PSU damaged the GPU, but said PSU works on System A perfectly.

I don't understand why. Thanks for your help in advance.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2020
System B draws more power than System A? Sounds like the PSU isn't working so well time to get rid of it or RMA if still under warranty

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, system B draws marginally more power than system A. However, another smaller PSU (550w) works perfect on both systems.

Already got rid of the 750w PSU (I know it was too big, but it was on sale), but I would like to understand why did this is happen. Maybe it was just a defective unit acting up.

Last edited: