Question Public Folder File Sharing

chobe

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2010
I am trying to share files between PC's on home network using PUBLIC folders. File sharing is enabled in Advanced File Sharing applet for Private, Public, and All Networks. SMB 1.0/Client... has also been enabled. I still cannot share any files. Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Chobe

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

How are you trying to configure file sharing? Can you provide some reference link(s) to the procedure that you are using?

What specific error messages, pop-up windows, etc. do you see when sharing fails?

What admin rights do you have?

chobe

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2010
System Type x64-based PC
Asus B560M-PLUS WIFI
Processor : 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400 @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
Windows: 10.0.19045 Build 19045
Physical Memory: 16 GB
Available Memory: 10.3 GB

Local Admin user account

As far as how folders are shared, I'm using the Network and Sharing Center and modifying Advance Sharing Settings to enable Network Discovery and File and Print Sharing for Private Networks and Sharing Private Folders and 128 bit encryption under All Networks,

Please note; I did try to share Public Folders in properties for each folder, granting Read/Write privileges for the Users Group be received error that priviledges cannot be changed. I then resorted to using the Network and Sharing Center.

Thanks for your assistance!

chobe

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2010
Other things I have tried....

Checked that following services were running and changed there start type from Manual to Automatic...

• Function Discovery Provider Host
  • Function Discovery Resource Publication
  • SSDP Discovery
  • UPnP Device Host
Still unable to share files. Any idea?