[SOLVED] Purchased 980Ti Off Ebay - No Display on Two Computers

Aug 7, 2021
I just purchased a 980Ti from Ebay for a spare computer, and I'm not getting any display from the card. The card is showing that it's being properly powered based on the LED's on the card, but it's not showing anything on my monitor. I also swapped it out with my 2080Ti on my other rig, and also the same issue. I tried both types of display cords (HDMI, DP).

Can I assume the person sold me a broken GPU knowingly, and just get a refund? Any other test anybody knows?

Solution
What PSUs have you used it with? they are pretty hungry cards

eBay has strong buyer protection if the seller misled the buyer, but check the description of the original listing for anything that says the card is faulty - there are people out there that make a listing appear to be genuine but in the description have a short sentence saying something like 'No display but otherwise working' to cover themselves. Dick move but they exist.

SethJPC

Distinguished

eBay has strong buyer protection if the seller misled the buyer, but check the description of the original listing for anything that says the card is faulty - there are people out there that make a listing appear to be genuine but in the description have a short sentence saying something like 'No display but otherwise working' to cover themselves. Dick move but they exist.

Solution
Aug 7, 2021

My PSU is 850W, it has no problem powering my 2090Ti. I think either the seller tried to sell me a broken GPU or it was damaged in delivery. I don't want to deal with it so I just requested a refund,