Question Pure Base 500DX - Top of front cover popping open during installation.

Feb 7, 2022
Hi, all.

I've just installed a few components in my (be quiet!) Pure Base 500DX.
I've also finished installing the rest of the case to prevent dust from collecting while I get money to buy the rest of the parts.

However, I have an issue when installing the front cover (the panel that goes over the front dust cover, that also has the ARGB lights.)
Whenever I press on the top or bottom to insert the pegs and snap the cover in, the top pops out.
Even after applying pressure to both sides at once, including the middle (with my dad's help), either the bottom or top pop out, depending on where I insert the pegs.

Any help?
Thank you.

Feb 7, 2022
Certainly an interesting issue.
Your attempts are pretty much what I would have suggested. Attempting different starting points, then trying all at once.

Honestly, you might want to reach out to be quiet! directly about the issue. Could be a warped panel/case, or a known issue.
And if its not a known issue, make it know.
https://www.bequiet.com/en/contact

It did seem fine and didnt pop out out of the box when I snapped the cover out to replace the fans, nobody stepped on it or anything since then afaik. I will reach out to be quiet! for this.

Thanks!

Feb 7, 2022
I managed to get the cover halfway on, with the fear of it popping out. The screw-like things in the front are halfway in and the cover is bulging out from the center. I honestly will not trust be quiet for their cases anymore if stuff like this keeps happening and their fans are not user-serviceable.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You changed out the fans? Are they overall a different height with the antivibration corners than the originals?

Pushing top and having bottom pop out or vice versa is usually an indication of something in the middle protruding too far out, so the panel cannot sit flat.

Feb 7, 2022
You changed out the fans? Are they overall a different height with the antivibration corners than the originals?

Pushing top and having bottom pop out or vice versa is usually an indication of something in the middle protruding too far out, so the panel cannot sit flat.
The Corsair fans were actually smaller than the Pure Wings 2. However, both specified being 120mm, the dust cover snapped on well, and I don't think the LL120s were thicker than the Pure Wings.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
All fans, unless specified, are usually the same 25mm thickness, at the shroud. That doesn't include the rubber vibration isolating bumpers that go in the corners. Or led rings. They can easily add an extra 1-5mm or so to overall thickness, which can create issues in some cases with very little tolerance in front panel clearances.