[SOLVED] Putting in GTX 1650 Super and the PC turns on then off

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 22, 2020
I got a GTX 1650s (/super) today, upgrading from a GTX 750TI & after putting it in (twice to ensure it was in properly) the PC just shuts off after turning it on, then repeatedly tries to turn on but constantly fails.
It sometimes gets to a point where it stays on with a blank screen, but if i power it off, it shuts off immedietly. Hope someone can help, please :'
(the card spins & the white light is on, aswell. Tried without the 6pin power thing, but the light goes red and nothing works still )

PC -
CPU: A401 - Intel Core i5 4460
CPU Cooler: 3028 - Zalman CNPS10X Optima
Operating System: F101 - Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit
Motherboard: Gigabyte H97M-HD3
RAM: C103 - 8GB DDR3 1600mhz (+4GB ram)
Hard Drive: 2TB + 3TB Toshiba
Graphics card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4GB PHOENIX
Sound Card: Q302 - Onboard 7.1 Audio
Case: K323 - NZXT S340 Black
PSU: K602 - 600W Corsair CX

Solution
Mixing memory can lead to all sorts of issues. I would suggest removing the 4GB memory stick while troubleshooting to reduce the possible technical issues you are dealing with.
Jan 22, 2020
Try with only the 4GB stick. Also, in your BIOS, is the memory speed set to AUTO or DEFAULT? If not, it should be.

Have you reset the BIOS during your troubleshooting?
wow! it actually got to my login screen! it works so far, i cant believe it; thank you so much as well as everyone else, of course for helping too! :giggle:

What exactly was the problem? was it definitely the power unable to keep everything running? Incompatible type of memory or something? (it wont blow up on me or anything, will it..?)
Honestly, i cant thank you guys enough

Jamie_75

Reputable
Jan 19, 2017
wow! it actually got to my login screen! it works so far, i cant believe it; thank you so much as well as everyone else, of course for helping too! :giggle:

What exactly was the problem? was it definitely the power unable to keep everything running? Incompatible type of memory or something? (it wont blow up on me or anything, will it..?)
Honestly, i cant thank you guys enough

Glad you got your computer running, now just gotta get some suitable ram!
When you get new ram remember to use the 1st and 3rd, 2nd and 4th as pairing locations!
just in case this wasn't something you already knew.

I will keep this post tabbed in case you run into more issues :)

Good Luck!

Last edited: