[PW][NS][Event] Fortree Doubles Tourney 2005 Sign Up

I hope this is the right time to announce this, since there seem to be
more posts than usual from Destiny Deoxys airing on Kid's WB. I also
hope there are enough people to get this thing going, but I'm certain I
know what I want to happen.

Next month, the Fortree Doubles Tourney will begin. The rule is Sudden
Death: Contenders are allowed only two Pokemon each, both of which will
be fighting simultaneously. Whoever knocks out both of their opponent's
Pokemon moves on to the next round. The trainer at the end of the
tournament that remains undefeated is the champion. First place will
recieve the coveted Fortree Doubles Cup, a rare "mystery" Pokemon, a
Masterball, and 500,000 PokeBucks. Second place recieves a fossil, a
Luxuryball, and 250,000 PokeBucks. Third places wins an evolution item
of their choice (subject to availablity), a Luxuryball, and 125,000
PokeBucks. All contenders will get a Fortree Doubles Tourney T-shirt, a
souvenir FortreeBall and a grab bag of stat items.

If you wish to enter, sign up here, stating the name of the your
character and the Pokemon he or she will be using. They will only be
allowed two Pokemon for the entire tourney. You may sign up more than
one character, either as a team or working seperately. I'm putting in
two entrants, so I am requesting at least six more participants. The
sign-up deadline is the seventh of February and the event will begin the
seventeenth of February. If this is unreasonable, I am open to suggestions.

1. Kitsu & Keaton - Themselves (Ninetales and Tauros, "trained" by Aerie
if Adrian's up to it)
2. Open
3. Open
4. Open
5. Open
6. Open
7. Open
8. Mystery trainer (Oooo! Mysterious!)

Further positions availble on request. Match-ups will be determined
randomly, winners determined by consensus. NPCs may be added if
necessary. If you have questions, suggestions or comments, either post
them here or e-mail me at ZeroOhki(at)netscape(dot)net with this same
subject header. There is more contact information in my sig, but I
rarely use them.

Thank you and good luck.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

"To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass
is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs
to be."

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205! wrote:

> Next month, the Fortree Doubles Tourney will begin. The rule is
Sudden
> Death: Contenders are allowed only two Pokemon each, both of which
will
> be fighting simultaneously. Whoever knocks out both of their
opponent's
> Pokemon moves on to the next round. The trainer at the end of the
> tournament that remains undefeated is the champion. First place will

> recieve the coveted Fortree Doubles Cup, a rare "mystery" Pokemon, a
> Masterball, and 500,000 PokeBucks. Second place recieves a fossil, a

> Luxuryball, and 250,000 PokeBucks. Third places wins an evolution
item
> of their choice (subject to availablity), a Luxuryball, and 125,000
> PokeBucks. All contenders will get a Fortree Doubles Tourney
T-shirt, a
> souvenir FortreeBall and a grab bag of stat items.
>
> If you wish to enter, sign up here, stating the name of the your
> character and the Pokemon he or she will be using. They will only be

> allowed two Pokemon for the entire tourney. You may sign up more
than
> one character, either as a team or working seperately. I'm putting
in
> two entrants, so I am requesting at least six more participants. The

> sign-up deadline is the seventh of February and the event will begin
the
> seventeenth of February. If this is unreasonable, I am open to
suggestions.

> 1. Kitsu & Keaton - Themselves (Ninetales and Tauros, "trained" by
Aerie
> if Adrian's up to it)
> 2. Open
> 3. Open
> 4. Open
> 5. Open
> 6. Open
> 7. Open
> 8. Mystery trainer (Oooo! Mysterious!)
>
> Further positions availble on request. Match-ups will be determined
> randomly, winners determined by consensus. NPCs may be added if
> necessary. If you have questions, suggestions or comments, either
post
> them here or e-mail me at ZeroOhki(at)netscape(dot)net with this same

> subject header. There is more contact information in my sig, but I
> rarely use them.
>
> Thank you and good luck.

Count me onboard.

Alex Masters - Surtur the Blaziken and ShadowWarrior the Murkrow.

Looking forward to it, and hope that we'll be able to get a few things
taken care of first. Hint-hint.

"Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205!" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
message news:35o4b9F4mgb1aU1@individual.net...

> 1. Kitsu & Keaton - Themselves (Ninetales and Tauros, "trained" by Aerie
> if Adrian's up to it)
> 2. Open
> 3. Open
> 4. Open
> 5. Open
> 6. Open
> 7. Open
> 8. Mystery trainer (Oooo! Mysterious!)

> 8. Mystery trainer (Oooo! Mysterious!)

'sup, Mace.

> 1. Kitsu & Keaton - Themselves (Ninetales and Tauros, "trained" by Aerie
> if Adrian's up to it)
> 2. Open
> 3. Open
> 4. Open
> 5. Open
> 6. Open
> 7. Open
> 8. Mystery trainer (Oooo! Mysterious!)

I admit I havn't posted much lately, but Bens in. (Even if that just
involves the two Aggrons getting a kicking!)

Luneric wrote:

> I admit I havn't posted much lately, but Bens in. (Even if that just
> involves the two Aggrons getting a kicking!)

Coo'. Three slots left if anyone wants 'em.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

"To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass
is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs
to be."

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205! wrote:
> 1. Kitsu & Keaton - Themselves (Ninetales and Tauros, "trained" by Aerie
> if Adrian's up to it)

No problem.

For obvious reasons, Mimic and Aerie won't be entering the tournament
themselves (or, at least, won't plan on doing so). Doppler and company
aren't likely to be in the right place at the right time for the
tournament either.

Sure, why not?

Carol Ross with Feraligatr and Tyranitar.

Jose L. Solano
-------------------------------
A devious, degenerate defender of the devil
-------------------------------
"My life is a ridiculous, retarded mess and it's everyone's fault but mine."

clayton

> Next month, the Fortree Doubles Tourney will begin. The rule is Sudden
> Death: Contenders are allowed only two Pokemon each, both of which will
> be fighting simultaneously. Whoever knocks out both of their opponent's
> Pokemon moves on to the next round. The trainer at the end of the
> tournament that remains undefeated is the champion. First place will
> recieve the coveted Fortree Doubles Cup, a rare "mystery" Pokemon, a
> Masterball, and 500,000 PokeBucks. Second place recieves a fossil, a
> Luxuryball, and 250,000 PokeBucks. Third places wins an evolution item
> of their choice (subject to availablity), a Luxuryball, and 125,000
> PokeBucks. All contenders will get a Fortree Doubles Tourney T-shirt, a
> souvenir FortreeBall and a grab bag of stat items.
>
> If you wish to enter, sign up here, stating the name of the your
> character and the Pokemon he or she will be using. They will only be
> allowed two Pokemon for the entire tourney. You may sign up more than
> one character, either as a team or working seperately. I'm putting in
> two entrants, so I am requesting at least six more participants. The
> sign-up deadline is the seventh of February and the event will begin the
> seventeenth of February. If this is unreasonable, I am open to suggestions.

Count Jeff in with Shadow (Ninjask) and Shade (Shedinja).

-------
Clayton

Random Tagline:
I hate it when reality mocks me ...

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205!" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
message news:35qt07F4p83jeU2@individual.net...
> Luneric wrote:
>
>> I admit I havn't posted much lately, but Bens in. (Even if that just
>> involves the two Aggrons getting a kicking!)
>
> Coo'. Three slots left if anyone wants 'em.

I submit Elsa for the last slot. She'll compete with her Roselia and her
Mudkip.

-Rob

Rob wrote:

> "Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205!" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
> message news:35qt07F4p83jeU2@individual.net...
>
>>Luneric wrote:
>>

>>>I admit I havn't posted much lately, but Bens in. (Even if that just
>>>involves the two Aggrons getting a kicking!)
>>
>>Coo'. Three slots left if anyone wants 'em.
>

> I submit Elsa for the last slot. She'll compete with her Roselia and her
> Mudkip.

Excellent. There's still time for additional contenders, though, if
anyone's interested.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

"To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass
is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs
to be." -- The Magic Engineer

message news:3681jbF4u7bcaU1@individual.net...
> Excellent. There's still time for additional contenders, though, if
> anyone's interested.

Alright, then. Lauren and Diego will be battling with Gulpin and Destiny
(or Density if the name is registered, since Diego's still not been
disillusioned).

--
Steffan Alun

http://iceduck.pkmn.co.uk/ - my site
http://www.pkmn.co.uk/ - want Pokeyman?

Sapphire PokéDex: 201

LeafGreen PokéDex: 109

STEFFAN HEDD ALUN wrote:

> "Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205!" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
> message news:3681jbF4u7bcaU1@individual.net...
>
>>Excellent. There's still time for additional contenders, though, if
>>anyone's interested.
>

> Alright, then. Lauren and Diego will be battling with Gulpin and Destiny
> (or Density if the name is registered, since Diego's still not been
> disillusioned).

Okay, but this makes for an odd number of contenders. It's not even a
problem, since I can just throw in NPC's, but I'm willing to ignore the
sign-in deadline for one last player (assuming this isn't everybody).

--

Maverick wrote:

> I can participate if you need me, my character will be capturing his
> second pokemon tomorrow.

Okay. Turns out I'll need a total of sixteen contenders for a proper
tournament at this point. After this guy, I'll need six more players,
but I can always pad that out with NPC's.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

"To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass
is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs
to be." -- The Magic Engineer

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205! wrote:
> Maverick wrote:
>
> > I can participate if you need me, my character will be capturing
his
> > second pokemon tomorrow.
> >
> Okay. Turns out I'll need a total of sixteen contenders for a proper

> tournament at this point. After this guy, I'll need six more
players,
> but I can always pad that out with NPC's.

Well, assuming the option's still open...

Sven and Peabody could step in separately, battling with Jaws the
Sharpedo and Poochyena and Solitaire the Starmie and Grimlock the
Rhydon respectively.

If at all possible.

William Rendfeld wrote:

> Well, assuming the option's still open...
>
> Sven and Peabody could step in separately, battling with Jaws the
> Sharpedo and Poochyena and Solitaire the Starmie and Grimlock the
> Rhydon respectively.
>
> If at all possible.

Well, at this point I was planning to go with the NPC's until a new
author signed up, but if you really want to I guess there is an NPC or
two I'm not all that happy with.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

"To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass
is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs
to be." -- The Magic Engineer

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205! wrote:
> William Rendfeld wrote:
>
> > Well, assuming the option's still open...
> >
> > Sven and Peabody could step in separately, battling with Jaws the
> > Sharpedo and Poochyena and Solitaire the Starmie and Grimlock the
> > Rhydon respectively.
> >
> > If at all possible.
> >
> Well, at this point I was planning to go with the NPC's until a new
> author signed up, but if you really want to I guess there is an NPC
or
> two I'm not all that happy with.

Then again, they'd be better off staying out of it, what with Elsa and
the apparent Magma presence. Better they lay low.

William Rendfeld wrote:
> Chet Weaver - Happy New Year 2205! wrote:
>
>>Well, at this point I was planning to go with the NPC's until a new
>>author signed up, but if you really want to I guess there is an NPC
>
> or
>
>>two I'm not all that happy with.
>>

> Then again, they'd be better off staying out of it, what with Elsa and
> the apparent Magma presence. Better they lay low.

Right-o.