Q: Connecting Dual/Multi-Monitor On 2-Way SLI + Dedicated PhysX Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

MingtheMerciless

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
Question:
What is the recommended or optimum connection to use for a 2-Way SLI + Dedicated PhysX Card with dual or multi-monitor setup? Do I connect the second monitor to the primary GPU, as in a 3-Way SLI, or do I route the secondary, 3rd or 4th monitor to the PhysX card?

3way_sli_GFgpu.png

Solution
No, the Physx card is not used to output a video signal and 2D Surround Vision only supports three monitors (two in the primary card and the third in the secondary) at this time.

MingtheMerciless

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
Are you trying to do "Surround Vision" or just have several monitors?

Good question, currently I am running 2-Way SLI, with dual monitors, and setup varies depending on if I am working productivity software or gaming. If gaming, then the game title determines if I'll enable Surround 2D or just game on a single monitor. Having just recently purchased a third card for PhysX, my question becomes do I need change the connection, by connecting the second monitor to the PhysX card?

MingtheMerciless

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
Best answer selected by MingtheMerciless.
n
nAdditionally, I found the answer as well, partially through looking a the FAQ for 3D Surround on Nvidia. Which shows a third GPU, for additional displays, though I am not sure if it can still be ran as a dedicated PhysX card in the control panel. However, this means, if 3 monitors are used for 2D/3D Surround, then two or more additional monitors can be added with a 3rd card.
n
nhttp://www.nvidia.com/object/3dv-system-requirements-surround-technology.html
n
n
SLI.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.