Q6600 running VERY slow

mathiasd.hauge

Commendable
Nov 8, 2018
I have a Intel q6600 processor. It Runs Very slow. I dont know Why.
It Can barely run Windows. Everytime i try to update or install something the pc crashes. In games i Get maximum 20 fps with gtx 570.

Why is it so slow?

Solution
I wouldnt necessarily blame the CPU for this.

Downoad and run this program - https://www.userbenchmark.com/Software

it will show you how your parts run compared to how they should run.

if i had to guess i'd say your Hard Drive (whichever one windows is installed on) is on its way out.

Id look at upgrading it to an SSD and moving your stuff onto that.

mathiasd.hauge

Commendable
Nov 8, 2018

Ok i will try that. Thanks!

wayneboyd1979

Prominent
Jun 21, 2018
I have a Intel q6600 processor. It Runs Very slow. I dont know Why.
It Can barely run Windows. Everytime i try to update or install something the pc crashes. In games i Get maximum 20 fps with gtx 570.

Why is it so slow?
if its windows 10 sadly its 10, for some reason it my old q6600 runs like a dog on 10 even with a ssd and decent ram, since its updates i loose about 20% performance now.
bench marked it and even my frame rates are terrible. it was never like this untill the last revisions of 10.
put windwos 7 back on and runs like a champ.
doesnt seem to affect my amd but older intels are being crippled sadly on 10 and microsoft dont care. i have a older 10 on cd maybe 2nd revision that runs brilliant untill it does its updates.
Its not your hardware just microsoft and now with the problems patching etc.... well you can guess yoursleves.

I hope this makes sense

a 20% hit post update/version patching is quite substantial...

I can't think of any reason older processors would be hit harder in percentage of performance, so, you might have to enter an actual question such as this in Microsoft's official help /tech forums...