QOTD: Are You Buying Beatles Stuff Tomorrow?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Beatles music never gets old, they are amongst a select number of artists that will be listened to pretty much forever. There are kids in college now who listen to Hendrix, have Che posters on the wall and wear Beatles T-shirts and their parents weren't even born when all those things were around the first time.

Personally, I hope the Beatles never release their music via iTunes as a deliberate snub for Apples deliberate disregard for intellectual property and when they settled out of court, their flagrant breach of further agreement not to go into the music business. Apple are not trustworthy people and if you were to ask the 6 billion people around the world who they like more, Steve Jobs or Paul McCartney. Well, lets just say that less than 5% of the ones that own computers would say Steve Jobs and pretty much all the rest of the world would side with Paul McCartney.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Beatles music never gets old, they are amongst a select number of artists that will be listened to pretty much forever. There are kids in college now who listen to Hendrix, have Che posters on the wall and wear Beatles T-shirts and their parents weren't even born when all those things were around the first time.

Personally, I hope the Beatles never release their music via iTunes as a deliberate snub for Apples deliberate disregard for intellectual property and when they settled out of court, their flagrant breach of further agreement not to go into the music business. Apple are not trustworthy people and if you were to ask the 6 billion people around the world who they like more, Steve Jobs or Paul McCartney. Well, lets just say that less than 5% of the ones that own computers would say Steve Jobs and pretty much all the rest of the world would side with Paul McCartney.

p00dl3_h3r0

Distinguished
May 13, 2005
Honestly, since my money would no longer be going to Michael Jackson's greedy little backstabbing pocket, I might consider buying a good size beetles collection. And yes, I am a college kid.

MrHorspwer

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
While I won't be buying it tomorrow, I will be buying the Beatles Rock Band for my wife's birthday at the end of the month. She doesn't have any interest in the remastered CDs though, preferring to keep the cash in our wallets and enjoy our current collection on CD or the select pieces of vintage vinyl she's come across.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
I remember the Beatles more growing up, although they were a bit before my time. Naturally, though, I'd heard almost all their songs, and certainly all their hits. I didn't particularly like them, and, back then, if you did, you were probably gay and certainly not cool. Cool bands were Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, etc...

A few years ago, I was stuck doing some work in a cash room because someone was sick, and they had a CD player with some Beatles. I listened to it. It brought back memories, but really, the music is so simple, after listening to it once, I didn't want to hear it again. It's very simple, albeit a bit catchy.

Deep Purple was different. I could actually listen to it, without feeling it was total crap like Beatles music. It's not my cup of tea anymore (I have preferred classical and baroque since my mid teens), but I still can listen to it, and even enjoy it a bit.

Beatles are best left to your memory. If you listen to them again, after your tastes get more complex, the music is really lacking.

PLATTERMAN

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
I have the Beatles 1962-1966 2 cd set and past masters volume 2 cd. I will have to look at the new releases and see what i want. As a side note in the article i just read tonight it said that the "White Album" was never released in the US total bull, i bought the vinyl for my sister for Christmas in 1974 or 1975.

dingumf

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
Also what happened to my first comment.

I wrote:

"I already have Beetles stuff. And they're not made in China teehee"

BadKharmaCDN

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
No i will not be buying any Beatles Items tomorrow (or for the foreseeable future) I don't play on toy consoles or download any music (legit or illegit) either. when it comes to music ... I also still have vinyl and I would use my own CD's to make MP3's to play on any device I that I might want to play it on

Mulder19

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
No Rockband for me. I will play their music on an actual guitar. As far as the CD's. . .I will look into it, but I am not how all this remastering will affect the artistic value of the songs. I am predominantly a vinyl guy anyway.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
$ 20.00 for Beatles Rockband tommorow, dream on try $ 59.99. No i'm not going to buy until it comes down to around 29.99, that's a fair price for a gameing CD. Like most Americans i am wore out of being taken for game disks, no longer feel the need to buy right away when released. I can wait months and it doesn't bother me at all anymore

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]rudeboyransom[/nom]You are kidding right? The Beatles are still extremely relevant and many many new major pop bands list the Beatles as key influences. People in their 20's are just now waking up to the Beatles with movies like Across the Universe and the Love show in Vegas.I am 29 and just started listening to the Beatles a few years ago and it opened my eyes.Music never gets old, through music we can live forever!The game will be a success and after playing the demo at best buy and watching young kids loving it, I will probably buy my first ever rockband game.Also, a lot of 40 year olds I know love to play Rock Band![/citation]

people will say whatever any idiot wants to hear to sell a cd. what sucked then still sucks now which includes these retards.

[citation][nom]gwolfman[/nom]Knowing kids these days, they'd prefer the MP3 versions of the songs (whenever available) over the original vinyl...[/citation]

Well i had 8 track and records tapes cd's mp3. personaly i would preffer a cd over all. wtf would i want vinyl wtf am i going to play it on outside of my home assuming i still had my record players.

bravo29

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2007
Nope. They are most overrated annoying bunch of tards. And no I am not some kid(36). Honestly I cant see some kids standing in line to get these or rushing off to school to brag "I beat yellow submarine on expert last night". Its just another way to soak up of the money on a group that so desperately needs to disappear along with the 60's.

Their songs are short, repetitive and boring. Same crap, same sound, same rhythm over and over in every song. The only reason bands these days hope to be like them is from being super popular on lame ass boring songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.