QOTD: Are You Loyal to Any Specific Company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Although i'm fluid on amd vs intel just buying for w.e gives me the best performance for what i'm willing to pay same with ram makers i flow between major brands ocz, corsair etc.

And i just flow between Asus and Gigabyte mobo's

Nvidia vs ATI i side with Nvidia out of i don't find ati's drivers and software all that friendly sounds odd but it's that coupled with really frustrating expriences with the 2000's series and 256 colors, had a card die in about 3 years it's a good run but really i never want a gpu to ever die out. Also just so happens green is my favorite color is red is my least favorite :)

Oh yeah am I'm 100% time buy pc power and cooling psu's with single rail 12v can't go wrong with a legend like them

I have alot of perfences.

that_aznpride101

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2005
For me, it's AMD as I feel they are more for the budget minded people like me rather than Intel. Also, they prevent Intel from getting a monopoly on the CPU market.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Which is based of past experiences usually good experiences with a company = continued buying from them as long as price isn't bad and bad expires = termination of use. Usually a bad experience with tech support after a frustration issue arose would lead someone from boycotting their company.

jramosclv

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
I'm as loyal to them as they are to me. Which explained happily by their PR dept in a press release carefully worded by a team of lawyers and summed up by me. " As a non stockholder, any perceived notion that we owe you anything by being our customer/fan/stockholder/employee/enthusiasts/etc is nil, despite our ads/claims which we consider to be more of a artistic form of expression rather than a statement of fact. Please vacate the premises immediately, stragglers will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Thank you, and we look forward to doing business with you again. "

G

I look at the whole picture. If AMD is offering a competitive price on their CPUs, I will generally choose AMD to prevent Intel's monopoly being too big. However, quality is a concern. That's why I don't use Windows Live Search, and instead use Yahoo! search (Google's great, but they have far too much of a monopoly).

I also don't tend to buy from wasteful or anticompetitive companies, such as Apple (needing to buy a new screen for every iMac, instead of just new components) or Sony (memory sticks?).

Basically, I look at quality, price and market share, and try to determine which company really deserves my money the most.

LuxZg

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
I'm very loyal customer - to the companies that offer best bang for my-hard-earned-buck. That's all! If you offer it for good price, I'll get it.

I do have some preferences ofcourse, if price is the same I'll get AMD/ATi based products to support the "underdog". That goes for CPUs, chipsets (MBOs), and graphics cards. But if Intel has way more competitive product, ofcourse I'll buy it. As for manufacturers that produce boards (either motherboards or gpahics cards) I've got no real preference. I know 95% of them are mostly the same. I try to stay with quality brands for MBOs (Gigabyte for example), but if I'm building cheap (non-gaming) home/office PCs I'll buy ASRock (for example) without any problems. After all, they're ASUStek child company, so they can't be bad.. and they always offer good quality for the money they ask from me.

So yeah.. if you offer good product for a low price, I'm all yours. Loyality be-gone!

scarpa

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
I only buy AMD/ATI because they have a factory and R%D in Europe unlike Intel who doesn't so I'll never buy Intel.

G

I liked CompaQ laptops/desktops products but it turned to HP they still make good desktops but laptops become worst
I liked IBM laptops but Lenovo not always fallows the tradition and I try not to buy China (PRC) products
When I buy things I use experience (I like ATI and there products (not AMD CPU)) but this is just a factor to consider in the end price/value is always dominant.

jalek

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
eVGA and Seagate. Both are great about RMA's.

ATI's gaining a lot of ground after replacing my 9800GT with a 4870 and seeing everything improve. nVidia's plan to rebadge g92 cards didn't help my opinion of them either, even if they did back down from that when it was leaked. They don't seem far from their MX440 days where new products are less capable than the old by design. I swore off ATI with the 9600's due to endless driver issues, but the new ones don't seem to have that problem since AMD's taken over.

G

I have to say that ASUS is one of my favourite brands. Their products just seem to fit me right.

They don't dumb down their products, and now that they have branched out into many fields, they still keep to that principle.

Daneel

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
Asus motherboards, i'm liking corsair's PSUs at the moment, but i'm just as loyal to Antec. I always buy antec cases, except where the budget will stretch to lian li. Corsair ram too. I will only buy hard drives from Seagate's ES range, and then i RAID 1 them for extra safety. Worth every extra cent.

I have an assortment of Samsung screens, which are all good. Logitech for my mouse (G5 2007) and keyboard (cordless MX duo), as well as my racing wheel - a G25, and spare mouse - a G9.

Graphics card from XFX if it's nVidia, or Sapphire if it's ATi. Canon for printers and cameras - i have an IXUS70 (7mp p&s) and a 400D, or rebel xti to you Americans..

Dell business laptops are the only way to go for laptops. good price, good parts replacement program, decent laptops, no glitz on the business ones, unlike toshiba laptops which make me feel nauseous with all the lights and 'molten plastic'.

Oh, and swifttech and dangerden for most of my water cooling gear.

G

I'm loyal only to Nvidia, because I feel it's the only force of REAL innovation in today's semiconductor market.

wasteoftime

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2008
Newegg for all my computing needs, XFX (or Sapphire) depending on which card but the XFX cards have been the best I've owned by far, Abit made the best boards when they were around, Mushkin memory (10 years and I've never had a single bad stick or problem), NEC Monitors, Western Digital hdds, Zalman coolers, Rosewill fans.

sanctoon

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
CPU:
No AMD or Intel preference, since my trusty 386 40Mgz I went back and forth between the two: I went from 386, 366 celleron, Athlon Thunderbird 1300 MHz, athlon xp 3000+, Athlon 64 x2 3800+, C2D E6450, C2Q 6600, I thin i'll go Phenom 2 next.

Mobo:
Asus, before that I was with DFI Lanparty. I love Asus, they have never let me down before, one of my Asus boards survived after I splilled a whole glass of brandy on it while it was running(twice in 3 month's, don't ask). If Asus let me down I'll probably go with Gigabyte or MSI next, heard good things from both.

Ram:
I'm not fussy about ram, usually kingston, but thats only because the place I work at alwys have Kingston ram, and I get ram wholesale price

Gfx:
I've used every known brand, but for ATI I prefer Saphire

Platform:
I like Windows and Ubuntu about the same, never used Mac so I can't comment on Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.