QOTD: Do You Put Brand Labels On Your PC?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blarneypete

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2007
I put a Newegg sticker on my case. And I have a "Hydrocarbon Powered Eco-Vehicle" sticker on my car. You know, because it burns hydrocarbons, and it's good for the Economy.

Zagen30

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
The only stickers I have aren't worth putting on. While the Pentium E6300 I have in my rig is good enough for what I need (especially since it's OC'ed to 3.6 GHz), I figured no one would look at a "Pentium Inside" sticker and be remotely impressed. The Arctic Cooling sticker I could care less about (although the Freezer 7 does its job very well). Also, the Antec 300 doesn't really have much space on the front to put stickers, as it's mainly covered in mesh. I thought stickers would make the case look worse.

I did laugh at my roommate's take on stickers, however. He had a friend build a computer for him and it has a Q9400 in it. He wanted to put a Celeron sticker on the front of his case so that people would be very confused as to why he was advertising the fact that he supposedly had a really weak processor.

jarnail24

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
I have about a six inch ferrari logo on the side of my desktop. oh and what about all those that come with your computer when you buy it.

G

"Stickers? We Don't need no stinkin stickers."

I love 'em. And I love to put different ones where they shouldn't be. I have the I-Series/AS400 metal logo on the side of my PC.

adamovera

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2008
[citation][nom]VioMeTriX[/nom]Stickers are bad, the glue or adhesive used has mind control agents that make you report your activities to the man[/citation]

LOL, nice

G

For me, finally putting stickers on my case was like tatooing a girl's name on you; it automatically dooms the relationship for failure. Within 2 days of putting the AMD 64 X2 and Asus stickers on my case, my mobo went bad, and my remaining hard drive died. Luckily, the hard drive died a long, drawn out, c-movie actor type of death, so I had time to backup the essentials before it was lain to rest. No more case tatoos/stickers for me.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Hehe....two Corsair stickers an EVGA one, and an XFX one on the same case. Lost my Intel one :'( I put one of the Apple stickers from my iPod on the top of an older case just for kicks. (Not a hackintosh either) If I keep this case for long enough (CM HAF932) I hope to fill up both sides of the chassis top ^_^ 6 more to go with even spacing :p

The only sticker I refuse to use it the Vista one with the key because it's ugly and just reminds me of what I put up with XD

Luscious

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
My first car had a bumper sticker on the back which read "Don't tailgate me or I'll flick a booger on your windshield"

I also had a door mat once that said "Wipe your bloody feet"

slothman

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
I always put my stickers on my computer. It would not work without them. Also, the more I put on there the faster it goes. ;)

alberthynek

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
i once covered the inside of my wallet with intel core 2 stickers from the school computers. eventually it got all sticky and i had to throw the whole damn wallet away lol

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
I see no reason to be a free advertisement for any company. Now, if they want to pay me, then that's different...

So, no stickers or decals on my PC, no t-shirts with logos, no running shoes with logos. Give me a free pair of Adidas runners (or Nike, New Balance et. al) and I'll wear them. Give me a free CPU, and my pc will wear that logo.

anonymous x

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2008
[citation][nom]alberthynek[/nom]i once covered the inside of my wallet with intel core 2 stickers from the school computers. eventually it got all sticky and i had to throw the whole damn wallet away lol[/citation]
your school uses core 2 duos????
mine is stuck with pentium 4s...
now to stay on topic, I have an intel and bfg sticker on my case

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
A friend of mine forced her GF to wear a Tux tattoo (linux penguin) on her ass.

Does that count as sticker?

On my side, I only have a "140 W Support " sticker on my case. It came with my ASUS M3N78 Pro.

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
I remove the badges from everything... save my XBR, where I turn the illuminated "SONY" off in the setup menu. Hell, even my Benz doesn't have any badges. I even removed the hood ornament, lol.

engrpiman

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
I have the following on my computer :

2 Asus stickers
1 Enermax
1. corsair
1 zalman
1 core 2 quad (intel)
1 evga
1 creative (covered my corsair )

Verdauga

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
My laptop, which was a Core 2 Duo and Vista Ultimate came with a Centrino Due and Vista Basic sticker pre-attached to it....thanks Toshiba.

zendax

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
On my most recent build (Antec 902 case) I have all of the brand stickers lined up vertically to the right of the case window. I figure that's the gaudy, nerdy part of the case anyways, I may as well complete the look.

Status
Not open for further replies.