QOTD: Do You Subscribe to Tech Magazines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rigaudio

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
I don't subscribe, but I pick up a computing mag every once in a while. You can get everything you want online nowadays, but I hope magazines stick around for a while.

Nik_I

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2007
i subscribe to maximum pc. i used to occasionally buy it, but when i found out i could subscribe for the same price i would pay for something like 3 issues, i just went ahead and subscribed.

Startingline13

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
I still subscribe to a number of magazines. 12 in total. Not all tech of course, but I still enjoy having the hard copy of what I read in my hand, plus skimming through old things from time to time helps me to remember tips and tricks from the past which I may have forgotten.

techw

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
Maximum PC
Wired
Popular Science
Motor Trend
Etc...
Until I get an e-book reader like the Kindle to read when I don't have an Internet connection they are the next best thing.

Greatwalrus

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
[citation][nom]techw[/nom]Maximum PCWiredPopular ScienceMotor TrendEtc...Until I get an e-book reader like the Kindle to read when I don't have an Internet connection they are the next best thing.[/citation]

Yeah, but like dingumf said, holding an ebook reader while taking a dump just doesn't seem to compare to a magazine. Of course, my dumps don't generally require either, so who knows what I'm talking about :p

By the way, I used to subscribe to Popular Science and PcMag.. I miss those subscriptions!

The American computer magazines are now truly awful, years ago they were the best in the world back in the time of Byte etc. I don’t know why they have become so bad perhaps it is the growth of the Internet or they have forgotten about the enthusiast and are going for the professional market. On the other hand the UK magazines are still quite good catering for the computer enthusiast.

ausch30

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
I subscribe to CPU. A lot of the info in there is fairly old by tech standards but it's gives me something to flip through while on the can.

yoda8232

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]rigaudio[/nom]I don't subscribe, but I pick up a computing mag every once in a while. You can get everything you want online nowadays, but I hope magazines stick around for a while.[/citation]
Exactly what I do, I usually get it if there is some special guide to do something or something really good in it.

Robert17

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
No subscriptions unless Better Homes & Gardens is classified as Tech. Love those Holiday recipes & pics! All else, now off the web: fresh, 30 websites faved, can print only what I really need in front of me on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.