QOTD: What Did You Get/Give For Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adbat

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
My 1yo got a box of wooden blocks, just squares triangles and circles - that is the coolest gift she ever got :)

michaelzehr

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
In terms of electronics, my son got a lego mindstorms, so we've been busy building robots that wander around the house, avoiding objects, and shooting at things. There were also some ds and wii games, all lego-themed.

My wife and I flew from TN to MN to share the holidays with family; that was an expensive trip, so gift-giving was a little sparse. My wife had made some backpacks for nieces, and some quilts for a number of family members. We got some pottery items from my brother (who just finished an outdoor kiln a few months ago), and my parents gave us 6-day "park hopper" passes for an upcoming WDW trip.

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
ASUS VW246H Glossy Black 24" HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor (I now have 2 of these!) (HDMI is nice to play xbox360 on this too)
Nintendo Wii and accessories/games (mainly for the kids)
New iPod nano (again for the kids)
Nerf-N dart blaster (to shoot at the kids)

I did give my nephew a Terrainiac all-terrain R/C vehicle, and gave my brother a gift certificate for where he gets his clay. I got a Home Depot gift card, which will become plumbing pieces for another rain barrel (got cash for that too) and wood and fittings for an access hatch I need to cut in our back deck.

Rahbot

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2008
I got a few PJ's I didnt give anything because my GF bought everything. Also got the yearly candy and popcorn. I didn't get anything I wanted or needed. what a bummer.

G

My 93 year old grandmother whose health is failing and is having trouble with her memory lately.

I came across a beautiful old world tea cup & saucer in perfect condition, no chips or anything. It had an official seal on the bottom plus a hand painted serial number. It was Tuscan Fine English Bone China. It had 24K gold trim with Oranges, Orange leaves & blossoms on it.

Looking at it, I couldn't help but feel that my Grandmother would love it and that it would bring back memories of her years in Florida. I wrapped it up carefully and placed it in a beautiful gold filigree tin with a striped ribbon around the it.

She Loved the Tea cup more than anything, saying she never owned a tea cup before. The tin, she placed that on her stand and every so often, she'll say that she wonders what's inside of it, forgetting that she already said that previously.

But I'm glad that my gift made her happy in the remaining time that she has left.

JasonAkkerman

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2008
2 bottles of Scotch (10 year Glenmorangie, and 15 year Glenlivet French Oak Reserve)
4 bottles of Dog Fish Head 120 minute IPA
2 bottles of Young's Double Chocolate
1 bottle of Delirium (forget which one right now)

Ahhh.. it was a good Christmas.

/Gave the wife a Black & Decker Dustbuster. She actually really wanted one. In my defense it was the biggest, baddest one I could find. 18volts baby!

JasonAkkerman

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2008
Wow, I'm such a douche bag. Please forget my earlier post.

On December 16 my son Adam was born. He is still in the NICU, but is doing very well and will be out in about a week.

THAT was the greatest Christmas present!

Status
Not open for further replies.