QOTD: What's the Oldest Console You Still Play?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snurp85

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
I still have Sega and N64 hooked up and play on a somewhat regular basis. Road Rash 3 or Mortal Combat 2 for Sega, and Mario Cart or Goldeneye/Perfect Dark for N64. But I have to say N64 is the best. It has the most ergonomic controller ever made in my opinion. Sighhh

tickedoff

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I've played them all, from Pong on through. Keep meaning to break out the PS1 and play some Rouge Trip, and the NES is still working...with a little cartridge wiggleing, but it is on the other side of Canada at my parents place:(

xeensd

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Ditto on the Dreamcaste (awesome system!).
I have SNES and a Gamecube... I play on my old xbox the most.
It is loaded with emulators of everything... and no setup!!!

rx78gp01zfb

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2008
i have nes but its the rare top loader(last 3 months) but had it at the store it had a fire and don't know if it lived,snes(last 2 days),sega genesis(last month),sega dreamcast(longtime since played)ps2 (same story).My dad still has a atari 400, and i would love to get my hands on a 2400 i had found on at a flea market and it was a sears branded one i wish i had the money for it then but didn't.

G

I have a NES, usually play SM3, Kirby or the Zeldas. Have an N64 but not that many games yet, looking to add to the collection. And I have an old AMD K6 running DOS 6.22, with a SB16 Soundcard, for DOS Classics.

And I have a genuine Sega Genesis controller converted to USB hooked up to my media PC so I can play Genesis Emu games on the TV with a real Genesis controller, the way it was intended.

vertigo_2000

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
My wife asked me to hook up her old Intellivision... I was surprised that it still worked. Worst controller ever though. She even has the "voice" card attachment so the game could talk.

I had Colecovision... hooked that up too. Zaxxon, Burgertime and Mousetrap were the sh!t.

And I recently hooked up my 3DO... yeah... I'm one of the few who was dumb enough to buy one.

extremeblueberry

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
I wasn't around in the 80s, and I didn't get my first console until the N64, but I still hook up my SNES (got a long time ago from parents) and play Zelda, Mario, Contra, etc.

kittle

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
I dont play console games -- namely because i cant STAND the controllers they use. After 10min my fingers hurt and I have deep red impressions of the buttons on the ends of my fingers.

gimme a PC + keyboard + mouse and im good.

tickedoff

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I had LeasureVision too!!! Alot like Intelevision, same controller type with the little overlay cards for the key pad. Not too bad a system at the time, though it only lasted 2 years and was Canadian made.

mavroxur

Distinguished
I broke out the NES and SNES recently for my son to play with. Even though he has an xbox 360 he gets a kick out of the old games and plays Mario Kart, RC Pro AM, Super Mario World, and all the old mario's on the NES. Just goes to remind us all that sometimes it's not all about break neck speed and millions of polygons that makes games great, it's the game itself. Good times...

G

coleco vision for time pilot and nes for nobunaga's ambition. i love my computers; however there is no comsole replacement. allot of great games never make it to pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.