[SOLVED] Quad monitor setup suggestions.

Oct 3, 2018
Hi all,

I'm looking for monitors to use for a quad monitor set up, where theres three in a line that id attach to my computer, and one above which id use for my xbox. Ive picked out the stand which can be found on this link

https://www.amazon.com/VIVO-Freesta...id=1568401562&sprefix=quad+mon,aps,149&sr=8-8

Everywhere I look i see something called VESA that i dont understand, but the specs on this stand are VESA: 75x75mm, 100x100mm. Again, no idea what that means, but from what i can see i need monitors with screw holes in the back, and none of the ones i use currently have them. The monitor i had planned on using was HP Pavilion 21.5-Inch IPS LED HDMI VGA Monitor (22cwa) because i already have one but alas it has no screw holes in the back. Any suggestions are welcome, thank you in advance!

Solution
Video Electronics Standards Association or VESA is a group that determines the standards all makers should use to maintain interoperability. in this case the mounting holes on the rear of the monitor. smaller screens use the 75mm VESA mounts and larger ones will use the 100MM VESA mounts. these mounts were a necessity when the monitors were 25 odd pounds each.
the monitor you are linking to weighs a svelte 6.6LBs. a proper application of double sided tape* across the mounts should secure them nicely. (earthquake areas not withstanding)

IDK if the base can be removed from that monitor, ideally for mounting you want the base removed.

* do not skimp on the tape at this point something with a strong grip. examples only not an endorsement...

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
Video Electronics Standards Association or VESA is a group that determines the standards all makers should use to maintain interoperability. in this case the mounting holes on the rear of the monitor. smaller screens use the 75mm VESA mounts and larger ones will use the 100MM VESA mounts. these mounts were a necessity when the monitors were 25 odd pounds each.
the monitor you are linking to weighs a svelte 6.6LBs. a proper application of double sided tape* across the mounts should secure them nicely. (earthquake areas not withstanding)

IDK if the base can be removed from that monitor, ideally for mounting you want the base removed.

* do not skimp on the tape at this point something with a strong grip. examples only not an endorsement shop around, first strong adhesive I found may be stronger available.
https://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-6036...le+sided+tape&qid=1568407199&s=gateway&sr=8-6

Solution