[SOLVED] Quadro P620 DP++

Sep 27, 2020
I have an Nvidia Quadro P620 (4x DP outputs) in my desktop. Right now, I have three monitors connected to it: one via DP, one via HDMI (active adapter), and one via DVI (passive adapter). When I originally set up the system, I bought a passive HDMI adapter, but it wouldn't recognize my monitor. It would work when I tried connecting it to two different HDMI monitors from other computers though. I figured it was something weird with that particular monitor and got an active adapter, which worked so I didn't give it much thought.

Now I'm looking to connect an HDMI projector to the 4th DP output, and I tried using the passive DP->HDMI adapter I already had. Again it doesn't recognize the display. As I understand it, if the passive adapters work sometimes that means that the card has DP++, so it shouldn't be a problem of not being able to use a passive adapter. But for some HDMI monitors it seems to work and others not. Any ideas?

Solution
It might very well be a driver issue but for the sake of reliability and since you've pretty much populated all ports with active adapters, I think it's a good idea to grab another active adapter. Speaking of adapters, can you parse the make and models of the cables used? Links to cables would be helpful. Make of the Nvidia Quadro P620 in use?

Lutfij

Titan
It might very well be a driver issue but for the sake of reliability and since you've pretty much populated all ports with active adapters, I think it's a good idea to grab another active adapter. Speaking of adapters, can you parse the make and models of the cables used? Links to cables would be helpful. Make of the Nvidia Quadro P620 in use?

Solution
Sep 27, 2020
I tried updating drivers (mine were a bit old) but that didn't help. This is the passive DVI adapter that works, this is the active HDMI adapter that works, and this is the passive HDMI adapter that I'm having trouble with. Both passive adapters are made by the same company, if that matters. I'm not sure how to find the make of the P620, but I'll be happy to share if you can explain.

You're probably right that the easiest solution would be to buy another active adapter, but I already have the passive one that I'm not using so I thought I would try to get that to work first.