Qualcomm atheros ar5bwb222 windows 8 driver download

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

izzie

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
Hello,
I'm having a conection problem with my windows 8. it always said "limited" why is it happening? i've tried the troubleshooter but it happen again and again. how to solve it? is it because of the windows i'm using now? or is it about the driver that i need to update?

Solution
If you want the real driver... Go here:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Wireless%20LAN/Wireless%20LAN_Atheros_10.0.0.217.v3_W8x64_A.zip?acerid=634922543832226505&Step1=NOTEBOOK, ULTRABOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE V5-471PG&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_7

That other website is NOT official, and no telling what your downloading.

davidgoldman

Reputable
May 27, 2014
Buy a new wireless.
A Qualcomm atheros ar5bwb222 was in my otherwise powerful, especially graphics-wise, Powerspec desktop computer purchased from Microcenter. Typical story: a DC every 25 minutes plus or minus 24 minutes despite strong signal strength. Also, messages indicating limited access. Other computers in the house had no disconnection problems. This wireless device appears to cause problems for many people due to a weird driver/hardware glitch that the company does not understand and of course has not been able to fix. In several forums, tech support experts have provided well-intentioned and generically useful suggestions However my advice to anyone with this wireless is to try a few simple and obvious things (verify your router works, check the signal strength, turn off the powersave feature, etc) and if these simple steps don't work replace the wireless (with a different wireless!). This is what I did a few days ago and I haven't had a DC since. Qualcomm: you should get your act together.

Olracrey

Reputable
Jul 13, 2014

I know this is an old post, but I am also having a similar problem. mine is windows 8 pro. it is working properly, but I am unable to click it. I am unable to turn on my wifi now. Please help!

Jaywik7

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014

Hey Download this Driver, I used it on my windows 8.1 and it works great I have the same drive AR5BWB222, Download the first driver https://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=74&system=7

bsc249

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2012
Its really disgusting that Acer does not get in front of this problem. Countless people are having issues with this card (Atheros AR5BWB222) in their machines.

I have tried numerous drivers, adjusted power settings, services etc. Nothing works. Do Not Tell Me its a router issue, My Lenovoe with an intel 7260 card in it works great anywhere in the house. Not to mention, my wifes iphone, my ipad and my LG G2 ALL connect flawlessly to our network. Its ridiculous that my usb wifi adapter works fine on the dam Acer but the network card does not. Router issue my....

Apparently, since I don't want to walk around the house with an extra usb device always hanging of the dam laptop I need to replace the card.

Save yourself the headaches and don't buy Acer. Go with something, anything else and be sure to ask what brand of network card is in the next purchase you make. If its Qualcomm - AVOID!

demakkosh

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015

demakkosh

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015
Have experienced all the troubles posted in the various forums re Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 and have tried out all the good suggestions to no avail. My laptop Acer V3-371 works perfectly except for wifi performance (bad signal, slow, intermittent etc., etc.) when the battery charger is connected to the laptop. Guess what ... when I disconnect the charger and run on battery the wifi performance is outstanding. Sound like the power cable/connection interferes with the wifi adaptor antennas. Anyone else experienced this? The Acer service folks certainly had no clue and recommended to work on the battery only!!!!

chhill1213

Reputable
Feb 24, 2015

Holy cow, this ACTUALLY WORKED FOR ME! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.