Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 Performance Preview

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt64

Reputable
Jul 1, 2014
@Matt64, thank you for your reaction. It is not often that we do get feedback this way.

You are right in that I should not write offensive things like this article being BS misinformation. Sorry about those words which were absolutely not necessary.

Thank you. I'm open to providing feedback and receiving constructive criticism :)

However, most other review sites got their K1 end of July and by July 31st, date of your article, had posted reviews of K1 vs Snapdragon 805. I find it difficult to believe that toms hardware did not get its test k1. Did you even ask for one?

We requested a review unit immediately after the Shield Tablet was unveiled to the media. I'm not sure why we didn't receive one when everyone else did. No one was more surprised than I when the other Shield reviews popped up online.

On a seond point, you say Antutu is a SINGLE benchmark. As you know, it is not. it is a suite of benchmarks that measusres the Soc's performance in several apps comparable to real-life usage. A better score on Antutu does signify a better-all-around performance.

You are correct, it is a system benchmark. My point was that it is only one benchmark that we run in a broader array of benchmarks in our standard suite. So we're both right :)

Sometimes we see a device do well in a "graphics" test in one benchmark and do poorly in another "graphics" test in a different benchmark, even though they appear to test the same thing. That's why we run multiple benchmark suites to weed out anomalous results.

You say you don't know what the k1 device actually is. Check out the Antutu site and and can see it is a Xiaomi Mipad, ie a perfectly real product.

I thought you were talking about the Samsung Exynos 5433 relative to Snapdragon 805. It's not clear what device is running the new Exynos SoC (Samsung Alpha??).

Yes, I believe the only other device (and first device) with the K1 is the Xiaomi MiPad.

- Matt H.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012

Google's Project Tango, NV Jetson dev board, Lenovo Thinkvision 28, and there are others for denver (chromebook, HTC nexus 9, etc in the works).
http://techcrunch.com/2014/06/05/googles-project-tango-tablet-is-a-1024-7-inch-tegra-k1-powered-device-with-depth-sensing/

Tango already out though I doubt you have $1047 lying around...LOL. But the others should be coming shortly as the thinkvision 28 was already benched by you guys in January so we know it's out there, just waiting for K1 to ramp I suspect. Of course I'd expect a shield R2 handheld as soon as shield tablet slows sales or K1 gets fully ramped. They already mentioned they serve 2 different markets, so I don't see why they'd stop at R1 with K1 being such a large jump in gpu perf and also specs of 1440x810 +4GB etc were already floating around and that certainly isn't the tablet's specs.

Aug 12, 2014
Thanks for the FANTASTIC post! This information is really good and thanks a ton for sharing it :) I m looking forward desperately for the next post of yours.
http://www.bulksmsserviceprovidershyderabad.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.