Qualcomm Unveils Quad-core 2.5GHz Snapdragon

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
Nvidia's Kal-El, aka Tegra 3, should be available by the end of the year, integrating a quad-core Cortex A9, efficiency enhancements, the ability to decode 1080P full bitrate h.264 Blu-ray quality videos, and an improved 3D capable GPU. Anandtech just published a very interesting article about it if anyone's interested...

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4181/nvidias-project-kalel-quadcore-a9s-coming-to-smartphonestablets-this-year

What's amazing is that functioning silicon was demonstrated live, and it actually performed as claimed. 1440p 50Mbps h.264 stream decode, and output to two displays simultaneously, as well as processing performance similar to a Core 2 Duo T7200. I'm honestly speechless. The only unknown is power consumption, but if Nvidia is to be believed then given similar workloads it should fit into a similar power envelope as the Tegra 2.

sudeshc

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
This is truly an astonishing feet of innovation and i cant imagine a mobile phone running faster than my office PC and even perform better than it.
Just love this idea of having the true power in my palm.

Status
Not open for further replies.