News Qualcomm's flagship Snapdragon X Elite in PassMark: Fails to Beat Apple's M3

Notton

Commendable
Dec 29, 2023
I wish you could filter out less relevant data on that site.
I want to see and compare mobile and (some) desktop, but not workstation xeon/epyc/threadripper.

salgado18

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
Oh no, really? I try to let it be, but with a third of all benchmarks for Apple, another third for Intel and another third for AMD, why compare it only with Intel? Is AMD dead or something? Is it so hard to say:

This is high enough to be on par with Apple's M2 (3,922 points, eight cores, 3.48 GHz), Core i7-13700 HX (3,879, 8C/16T, 2.10 GHz to 5.0 GHz, 45W to 157W) or Ryzen 9 7940HS (3905, 8C/16T, 4.0 GHz to 5.2 GHz, 35W to 54W)

Same for multi-threaded? All Apple and one Intel?

I'll let GPU pass, since all AMD comparable GPUs are previous gen, even though there are plenty of laptops using them today.

I'm really sorry for the rant, but with a sample size of 10 CPUs (not counting the Snapdragon), there's no excuse to leave out the second x86 vendor out of two.

DS426

Upstanding
May 15, 2024
Say it aint so!? Apple and their bottomless pockets, completely closed ecoysystem, and custom silicon beats everyone else?? Wow man, what would life be without Apple?!?

Apple still winning the qualcomm cpus over years and years...

Amd and Intel need to answer that treat so fast before the windows 12 espionage edition comes out. The Power of IA meets the true power of ARM

bit_user

Titan
Ambassador
Maybe I missed it, but I think this article seemed to omit the most basic detail, which is whether or not the PassMark software was natively compiled for Arm. Does anyone know? What about Apple's entry - did that us a build for MacOS, or was it also running under emulation?

Sam Bridges

Commendable
Mar 19, 2022
Say it aint so!? Apple and their bottomless pockets, completely closed ecoysystem, and custom silicon beats everyone else?? Wow man, what would life be without Apple?!?
LOL. The blind hate is hilarious.
I mean, I’m not defending no copro overlords. I understand the Apple hate on other, more important, issues. But wow, it’s amazing how people turn it around even when the product is good.
I assume you dump on Microsoft as well for Surface laptops being an arguably well designed product, for instance. Right? Those trillions of dollars muppets, of course their new laptops are actually well built. Right?

Cheers mate. Don’t be mad at me, I had to jest about it. It’s too funny. 😂

Latest posts