Quantum Computers: Ions Travel at 100 MPH in Ion Traps

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogman_1234

Splendid
Oct 31, 2009
I hypothesize that as humans, we can use this technology to simulate neurons of the brain. Implementations could be:

Non-transistorized computation
Artificial Intelligence
Brain Regeneration
Brain remapping for Alzheimer/Parkinson's and/or Brian disorders and trauma
Supercell regeneration
Dynamic electric mapping
Quantum Electrical Engineering

The list could go on...

sherlockwing

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
[citation][nom]dogman_1234[/nom]I hypothesize that as humans, we can use this technology to simulate neurons of the brain. Implementations could be:Non-transistorized computationArtificial IntelligenceBrain RegenerationBrain remapping for Alzheimer/Parkinson's and/or Brian disorders and traumaSupercell regenerationDynamic electric mappingQuantum Electrical EngineeringThe list could go on...[/citation]

It ends with 1 word:
SkyNet

yobobjm

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
Am I the only one who wants to see a picture of one of these things. I have heard so much about them, but there seems to be so few pictures, and I have no idea if any of those pictures are legitimate.

ashinms

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
Why is an AMD chip in a link under a story about quantum computers? Shouldn't it be more along the lines of cavemen with twigs counting rocks?

ashinms

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
[citation][nom]master_chen[/nom]Maybe I'm mistaken, but I think that I've already read an article like this on Tom's, waaaay back in march-april?[/citation]
I think the article you are referring to is actually about quantum entanglement, which is, in my opinion way cooler than this.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
This has use for bus interconnect. Like take for example the "marble" is carrying a message or piece of data and is transferred from the cpu to the bus. But in actual computation usage I can't think of anything.

G

Electrons at near the speed of light...

Ions at 100MPH....

Electrons.

I fail to see the excitement in this article. Unless we want to go back to the computing speed of the Univac that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY