Question Question about AIOs

Sep 14, 2022
So I'm about to replace my AIO next month. I'm running a 240mm intake at the front of my case (I know it is not optimal). Since I will be replacing it, probably with a new AIO, IDK if I'm going aircooling. I don't have clearance for the top 240mm exhaust AIO cuz of the RAM sticks I got. My options are:
  1. Run a 120mm AIO at the back as exhaust
  2. Run the a new 240mm AIO at the front as intake
  3. Run it at the front but exhaust, and the 2 top 240mm fans and the 12mm back fan will be intake
  4. Run an Aircooler. (If this is your answer, which one?)
To give you context, I live in a pretty humid country with no AC. I'm looking for the most optimal airflow I can to lower my temps. I'm currently using Fractal Meshify C Tempered, also an mATX board (the reason my ram doesn't have enough clearance for top exhaust, I guess).

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
There is typically always a trade off where it comes to an AIO on intake/exhaust. On intake it is offering the best cooling for (presumably) your CPU but is also warming the air for all your other components. The converse is true with exhaust where all your components are warming the air to then be sent to cool the CPU.

120mm AIO are (IMO) a complete waste.

I would approach the issue based on what temp is more problematic to your activity. Do you see higher CPU or GPU temp and adjust from there.

Reactions: xTiddi
Sep 14, 2022
There is typically always a trade off where it comes to an AIO on intake/exhaust. On intake it is offering the best cooling for (presumably) your CPU but is also warming the air for all your other components. The converse is true with exhaust where all your components are warming the air to then be sent to cool the CPU.

120mm AIO are (IMO) a complete waste.

I would approach the issue based on what temp is more problematic to your activity. Do you see higher CPU or GPU temp and adjust from there.

Thank you! I think I'm having a CPU temp problem atm. R5 3600's temp is really really an upgrade from R5 1600 I tell you, IDK if it's a chip problem or a cooler problem. I still have yet to find out next month.

So I'm about to replace my AIO next month. I'm running a 240mm intake at the front of my case (I know it is not optimal). Since I will be replacing it, probably with a new AIO, IDK if I'm going aircooling. I don't have clearance for the top 240mm exhaust AIO cuz of the RAM sticks I got. My options are:
  1. Run a 120mm AIO at the back as exhaust
  2. Run the a new 240mm AIO at the front as intake
  3. Run it at the front but exhaust, and the 2 top 240mm fans and the 12mm back fan will be intake
  4. Run an Aircooler. (If this is your answer, which one?)
To give you context, I live in a pretty humid country with no AC. I'm looking for the most optimal airflow I can to lower my temps. I'm currently using Fractal Meshify C Tempered, also an mATX board (the reason my ram doesn't have enough clearance for top exhaust, I guess).
Important, just what are you cooling with it ?