Question Question about component name (DrMOS?)

martinsamuli

Reputable
Aug 14, 2017
I'm trying to find the fault on my GTX 970 card and it seems that I have found at least one of the problems. There seems to be a DrMOS(?) that after plugging the power in is getting hot to the touch and anything else stays cool to the touch.

The problem is that I cannot find this exact DrMOS's datasheet from anywhere to clear things up. It is driving me crazy that there are sets of numbers/letters on it, but there are no corresponding results when using Google.

I would be really thankful if anyone could tell me the code/name under what I would be able to find a bit more information about the component.

Original high-resolution images:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1AJP99G8KE7MugQwyeYlKBmCahREtboaV

Do not touch the pcb components while the pc is on. You do not find hardware faults by touch. That is the voltage controller. I'm going to say there is nothing wrong with it if your gpu is on and working (with or without other issues).

You could make a thread and explain the issues you are having and see if anyone could help.

martinsamuli

Reputable
Aug 14, 2017
Do not touch the pcb components while the pc is on. You do not find hardware faults by touch. That is the voltage controller. I'm going to say there is nothing wrong with it if your gpu is on and working (with or without other issues).

You could make a thread and explain the issues you are having and see if anyone could help.

Hi,

Touching SMD components while looking for a fault in non working GPU is rather normal practice (can easily find shorts that way. You can see how Eli tech [on YouTube] treats and fixes broken GPUs). Of course thermal imaging camera would be the best bet and also freezing the PCB works pretty good.

Also when you power on your GPU without a cooler to look for a fault you pretty much have to get your hands on it. You have to feel the bare GPU die if it gets hot (it gets power, have to cut the power) or stays cold (doesn't receive power) and you can go on using multimeter and datasheets of components to find what has broken.

The problem here is that I need a pinout diagram for this component to really know what legs to probe and what the expected values should be. Then I can compare and see if the values are in right range or is this component fried.

Right now I'm in dark because maybe this component is fully working and should get hot when power is applied anyways.
I have probed other drivers, MOSFETs and a BIOS chip to find that only some of them are receiving power.

So if anyone could find the datasheet for this component I would be really thankful!

We get a lot of people with no idea what they are doing and touching their components, often times static shocking them and making things worse. If you've done tech support, you'd understand why I'd have to post my last message.

This forum typically isn't a resource for in depth pinout info. It's not a reference pcb so you will have a much harder time finding the info.

martinsamuli

Reputable
Aug 14, 2017
We get a lot of people with no idea what they are doing and touching their components, often times static shocking them and making things worse. If you've done tech support, you'd understand why I'd have to post my last message.

This forum typically isn't a resource for in depth pinout info. It's not a reference pcb so you will have a much harder time finding the info.

Absolutely understand you👍

Probably going to try sending an email to Palit, maybe they are kind enough to share the exact name of the component or maybe even give a link to a datasheet.