question about error message

i set up the fax options in my computer, windows xp home
edition. However, when I fax I get the message "no dial
tone, the phone is in use or not connected". Does this
mean my phone or theirs? I have DSL with a modem and I
am certainly not using the phone while I am doing this.
Although, I don't see that it would matter. Does anybody
have an answer?
THANKS

The DSL 'modem' is digital. To send a fax you'll need an old fashioned
analog modem connected to a phone line.... if it's the phone line with the
DSL, you'll need to ensure the analog modem is connected with an inline
filter.

Cari
www.coribright.com