[SOLVED] Question about ID-Cooling Auraflow X 240

Solution
Recently I thought about it and was worried that it could leak or something. Should I keep using it or take it out?
Ultimately up to you, but the possibility is a risk people knowingly buy into with liquid coolers... or at least, I hope people knowingly buy into.
The odds of such an incident happening out from the factory is much lower than ones caused by users.

From what I've heard online, it seems likely that its asetek, but no confirmation for sure
It is not Asetek. Asetek's cold plate/pump housing is round and the mounting hardware is universal between the 7(?) generations now.
I'm pretty sure if I were to take this Auraflow X-240 and try to mount it with the Kraken G12, which is only compatible with Asetek-made...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
No.
Can't seem to find the OEM... it MIGHT be an in-house design.

This is the telltale Asetek look:
iu

iu

Jun 2, 2021
No.
Can't seem to find the OEM... it MIGHT be an in-house design.

This is the telltale Asetek look:
iu

iu
Hmm okay. See, I've had this aio installed in my system for about half a year now. I got it off a newegg sale for $15 somehow, and I used it without a second thought since then. Recently I thought about it and was worried that it could leak or something. Should I keep using it or take it out?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Recently I thought about it and was worried that it could leak or something. Should I keep using it or take it out?
Ultimately up to you, but the possibility is a risk people knowingly buy into with liquid coolers... or at least, I hope people knowingly buy into.
The odds of such an incident happening out from the factory is much lower than ones caused by users.

From what I've heard online, it seems likely that its asetek, but no confirmation for sure
It is not Asetek. Asetek's cold plate/pump housing is round and the mounting hardware is universal between the 7(?) generations now.
I'm pretty sure if I were to take this Auraflow X-240 and try to mount it with the Kraken G12, which is only compatible with Asetek-made units, it would not fit.

Solution
Jun 2, 2021

I'm pretty sure if I were to take this Auraflow X-240 and try to mount it with the Kraken G12, which is only compatible with Asetek-made units, it would not fit.
Hm interesting. I might just resell it for 5 more dollars than I bought it for, which is $20 dollars, so I can buy myself a nice sushi dinner. I could always just use the stock cooler lol

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I dunno...
https://www.asetek.com/gamingenthusiasts
DIY Partners - ID-Cooling isn't there.

View: https://twitter.com/IDCOOLING/status/885854069075476480

Though this was from 2017...
States that they use in-house designs.
"Hi there. I would like to know, are there any Asetek OEM components in your recent coolers? asking just to know... Thanks!"

"Hi there, no. we made ourselves."

Pump in block doesn't automatically = Asetek.
all-in-one_tear_down_008-645x371.jpg
This one's also in-house, but by Cooler Master. From one of their Seidons.

Steve kept comparing it to Asetek, but he doesn't explicitly say that's the OEM though.
The round plate and housing with gear 'teeth' is still Asetek's... 'image'? [I don't think that was the right word though...]

Jun 2, 2021
I dunno...
https://www.asetek.com/gamingenthusiasts
DIY Partners - ID-Cooling isn't there.

View: https://twitter.com/IDCOOLING/status/885854069075476480

Though this was from 2017...
States that they use in-house designs.
"Hi there. I would like to know, are there any Asetek OEM components in your recent coolers? asking just to know... Thanks!"

"Hi there, no. we made ourselves."

Pump in block doesn't automatically = Asetek.
all-in-one_tear_down_008-645x371.jpg
This one's also in-house, but by Cooler Master. From one of their Seidons.

Steve kept comparing it to Asetek, but he doesn't explicitly say that's the OEM though.
The round plate and housing with gear 'teeth' is still Asetek's... 'image'? [I don't think that was the right word though...]
Hm yeah you are right. time to dm id cooling on twitter lmao

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
My best guess is that it's an Asetek patent copy (i.e. infringement on US territory); but since ID-Cooling (and to an extent, Deepcool) aims for markets elsewhere, it's not a legal problem just yet. Could be that this is a typical case of blueprints and patents being thrown around in China where both Asetek and ID-C's manufacturers are located.

As much as I'm a shill for Deepcool, I really doubt they make their own AIOs from scratch. It's an established OEM in Asia mainly, but still. Probably just another patent infringement story.