[SOLVED] Question about my Deepcool Gammaxx GTE V2

ryann528

Prominent
Jul 4, 2020
So i just bought a Deepcool Gammaxx GTE V2 today to cool down my i5-4460, after successfully installing it i realized that it doesn't turn on its RGB. After researching on the internet i learned that i will need to use a motherboard with an RGB header, which is impossible since my motherboard is H81M-DS2 which only supports 4th gen intel CPUs. Is there like any adapters there that will be able to lit up my new Cooler's RGB?

Solution
So i just bought a Deepcool Gammaxx GTE V2 today to cool down my i5-4460, after successfully installing it i realized that it doesn't turn on its RGB. After researching on the internet i learned that i will need to use a motherboard with an RGB header, which is impossible since my motherboard is H81M-DS2 which only supports 4th gen intel CPUs. Is there like any adapters there that will be able to lit up my new Cooler's RGB?
https://www.amazon.com/RGB-Controller/s?k=RGB-Controller
https://www.amazon.com/RGB-Controller/s?k=RGB-Controller

Solution
Would you mind explaining why would i need that? And what is the use of it?
Because your MB doesn't have an RGB header or controller to control lights. There is something you can make to have stationery colors.
RGB connector has one +12v wire and if you give ground or minus to any of other 3 connections it would give you one of the colors. In theory, connecting all 3 would give you white light, combining 2 negative ones would give you colors in between.

Ryann Jeff

Reputable
Aug 3, 2019
The adapter plugs into a spare molex or sata power cable from your psu.

The gammaxx 4 pin rgb cable from the fan (it will be hanging loose because you have nowhere to plug it in) plugs into one of the 4 pin rgb sockets on the adapter.

You can also plug the magnetic rgb strips into two of the other ports and arrange them in your case.

You can then control both the fan rgb and the led strips with the included remote control.