question about my Gaming pc

Sep 18, 2018
Hi everyone, i have bought this pc lately (all parts are new)
i have

GPU: Msi gaming x GTX 1060 6GB
CPU :i5 8400 with stock fan (Turbo is ON by default in MB)
MB :Msi z370 Gaming plus
ram : 8gb ram 2400
case : thermaltake versa h25 with 500WPSU
my resolution is 1600x900

recently i just wanted to monitor my temps and the usages of CPU and GPU while gaming , i used MSI afterburner , i found that in these specific games AC syndicate , nfs payback and watchdogs 2, my CPU usage is 94 ~ 100 % stable and my GPU usage is 70 ~ 99 % but not stable

Ac fps 50 ~80 ( Geforce exp optimization)
Payback fps 60 ~80 (Geforce exp optimization)
watchdogs fps 42 ~ 68 (Geforce exp optimization )

, in the other hand while playing shadow of war my GPU is 99% stable and my CPU is 40 ~ 60 % ,

and the fps was 60 ~88 (Geforce exp optimization )

temps are good during all these games (according to HWmonitor and MSI afterburner )
GPU never passes 68c
CPU highest temp was 71c

my question here is it normal in most of the games the CPU is 100% and the GPU 70~ 99% not stable ?

Solution
No, it will not damage your CPU. reason given in the comments above.

yes, it means that your system is pretty balanced, and it's using most of the available resource. gpu load will vary based on the render scene.

cpu 100% with gpu floating general means that you are somewhat cpu bottlenecked, for upgrades, a better cpu, you will get more fps without graphic card change..

Sep 18, 2018

but continuing with this CPU wont harm or damage neither of my CPU and GPU? (please answer )

and 100% CPU Usage isn't harmful at all, right ?

btw what im planing in the near future is buying a decent PSU instead of the one that came with the case

*didnt have the money back then to buy a decent one:( *

and buying another 8gb ram.

no, simply usage, and gaming 100% usage is different from video production 100% usage. depending on the instructions executed, some are more complex then others.

use your temperature as a guide, since your temperature is normal, it's fine.

general rule of thumb is that as long as they are under 80C, i wouldn't worry to much about it.

if you want the cpu temp to go lower, get a aftermarket cooler like cryorig h7 with a clean application of paste.

for GPU, nothing much you can do besides, clean the dust and reapply some thermal paste (unless you want to use an aftermarket gpu cooler)

Sep 18, 2018

Im just using my pc for games and some coding thats all , and the CPUin some games is 100% (ac , nfs...) and in other games is 40 ~ 60% (shadow of war and most of my online games ) and after my gaming session the cpu usage back to normal 2 ~10 (win 10 ).

All I am asking , will my CPU will be damged when its 100% in games or not ?
and is it okay that my GPU does not run 99% all the time , like sometimes its 99% stable in some games and 75 ~99% in other games ?
And as I said the CPU temps are normal
During idle 39 ~ 42c
During games 60 ~ 71c
and GPU during games 65 ~ 69 c

No, it will not damage your CPU. reason given in the comments above.

Solution