Question Question about resetting Brave Browser settings

MasterYoda327

Reputable
May 26, 2019
I have a question about resetting the the Brave Browser on my Windows 10 desktop PC. I decided that I wanted to start fresh with my Brave Browser. After using one of the Brave Community forum threads for reference to learn about resetting Sites and Shield Settings, I decided to reset my browser by using the Advanced Clear browsing data option with all items selected and the Reset Settings option under the browser’s main Settings menu. I also factory reset the Brave browser on my Samsung Galaxy Android smartphone using the app clear data option. After the reset process was complete for the browsers on both my desktop PC and smartphone and I re-applied Brave browser syncing between both devices, I realized that I had left a web page open to the mentioned Brave community thread on the Brave browser on my desktop PC. As far as I could tell, the browsers on both my desktop PC and smartphone were properly reset, they synced correctly, and I logged back into my accounts on certain websites and services on both devices. I am sure that having the web page open had no impact on the reset process except maybe immediately populate the web page data sections that the Brave browser collects while browsing the web, but because of my unfamiliarity with many behind-the-scenes functions with web browsers, I just thought I would ask if having an open web page negatively impacts the Brave browser reset, sync, or any other important or vital processes of the Brave browser on my desktop PC or smartphone or any other brands of web browsers such as Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome with similar functions. Thanks in advance.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I just thought I would ask if having an open web page negatively impacts the Brave browser reset, sync, or any other important or vital processes of the Brave browser on my desktop PC or smartphone or any other brands of web browsers such as Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome with similar functions.
This is so software specific question that you're better off asking it from Brave community forums.

But i can answer it in general, regarding web browsers (Firefox, Chrome).
When you leave the browser open and make a reset, the last opened page may get logged into browser history and isn't wiped. Thus, for reset, it's best to do the reset, close browser and then launch browser again.

For best effect, download browser installation media, wipe the data within the browser, uninstall the browser, restart your system, reinstall the browser again from previously downloaded installation media. - This is considered as complete wipe. Well, at least when not considering registry editing (since all programs leave snippets of data behind, even when fully uninstalled).