Question Question About Streaming Music through Both Wi-Fi and Cellular Networks

MasterYoda327

Reputable
May 26, 2019
I am currently researching music services as alternatives to the now defunct Google Play Music service for when driving and traveling. Depending on the results of my research, either I will subscribe to one service that streams music such as Pandora or Spotify and another music service, such as iBroadcast, that allows me to upload my music collection and then download it to my computer or smartphone or I will subscribe to one service that can do both. Not only am I not convinced in using YouTube Music, but I have decided to reduce my reliance on Google. I intend to find music services that work with Windows, Android, and iOS so I do not have to go through the whole process of moving and reorganizing my music collection if I switch, between Android, Apple, or possibly another major mobile operating service if such a service arises in the future.

Most of my music collection is stored in FLAC with M4A (AAC) conversion copies. Some of the music services that I am researching allow me to upload and stream music in various formats such as FLAC, MP3, M4A, and AAC. I am aware that when compared lossy formats such as MP3, AAC, M4A, and WMA , lossless formats such as FLAC and ALAC not only take up more storage space, but also use more battery power when played off of a smartphone or portable music player. If I were to stream music in FLAC over my Wi-Fi network or cellular network providers' services, would the streamed FLAC music eat up more of my data plans as well as at a faster rate and more likely lead to higher monthly bills than when compared to streaming in MP3 or AAC?

Thanks in advance.