[SOLVED] Question about the CPU fan: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Black

R99 .

Commendable
Jan 3, 2020
Hi there, I currently have Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro and I am wondering if the Noctua NH-D15 will have enough clearance for my ram? I heard that my rams height is about 51mm (not sure if thats accurate) and the Noctua NH-D15 has about 61? or 64mm clearance (also not sure if that is accurate)... so I am hoping that maybe someone with these two compoents can tell me if they are ok together :)

thanks in advance.

Solution
D
what do you think about the Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 ?
Great cooler, up there with NH-D15/NH-D15S in cooling performance and quiet operation.

However, the fan clips are a nightmare to remove and unless you want to cut your fingers on the aluminum fins, you'd need to use a tool. The cooler wobbles after installation which is apparently intended according to be quiet! (contacted them), and it's a bit harder to install than the Noctuas, which use their SecuFirm2 mounting system.
D

Deleted member 2720853

If you didn't already buy the cooler, I suggest you go for the NH-D15S variant which is built for compatibility. Barely any difference in cooling performance, and it will work with your RAM.

R99 .

Commendable
Jan 3, 2020
If you didn't already buy the cooler, I suggest you go for the NH-D15S variant which is built for compatibility. Barely any difference in cooling performance, and it will work with your RAM.
I read in the questions tab on Amazon that the NH-D15 does fit with Corsair Vengance RGB Pro ram but I'll look into the D15s thank you :)

D

Deleted member 2720853

what do you think about the Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 ?
Great cooler, up there with NH-D15/NH-D15S in cooling performance and quiet operation.

However, the fan clips are a nightmare to remove and unless you want to cut your fingers on the aluminum fins, you'd need to use a tool. The cooler wobbles after installation which is apparently intended according to be quiet! (contacted them), and it's a bit harder to install than the Noctuas, which use their SecuFirm2 mounting system.

Solution

R99 .

Commendable
Jan 3, 2020

Hmmm okay thank you so much for your detail responses, this is helping me a lot :) do you have any suggestions for a good non aio cpu fan? im running an i9-9900k with my
and my asus dual evo 2070

D

Deleted member 2720853

i9-9900k does get a little bit toasty, so a NH-D15/NH-D15S would be your best bet for a non-AIO cooler. I checked and it is compatible with your motherboard, however be sure to check case clearance.

Others will have to chime in with more suggestions. The Noctuas are just my go-to's.

R99 .

Commendable
Jan 3, 2020
i9-9900k does get a little bit toasty, so a NH-D15/NH-D15S would be your best bet for a non-AIO cooler. I checked and it is compatible with your motherboard, however be sure to check case clearance.

Others will have to chime in with more suggestions. The Noctuas are just my go-to's.
Okay sounds awesome thank you :) I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I like my stuff to match so I might risk ordering the DH-15 off amazon because I was looking up completed builds on pcpartpicker and found this guy https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/bqdmP6 who has the fan and ram in his pc and it fits so I'm just going to assume it will fit for me also (hopefully) :D if not I'll just swap it out for a D15s

D

Deleted member 2720853

Yeah that's understandable. The NH-D15 definitely lets you raise the second fan higher in case of RAM compatibility issues.

R99 .

Commendable
Jan 3, 2020
Yeah that's understandable. The NH-D15 definitely lets you raise the second fan higher in case of RAM compatibility issues.
I know I said no aio but I decided to look into it out of curiousity and this "Corsair H115i PRO RGB" seems pretty decent, whats your opinion on it?