Question About the differences in Asus's product stack ?

Oct 8, 2024
So currently, I have a ASUS Dual 3070. Was in my old prebuilt. I'd like to physically upgrade the cards cooling, try to get a little more bang out of my old buck.
As at this time i just cant seem to justify buying a newer graphics card. I know there are hybrid coolers for the "STRIX" and "TUF" versions. So I was wondering if there are any physical hardware differences, or if they're all the same thing on the inside? As in will the STRIX and TUF versions of the hybrid cooler actually mount to my DUAL version?

Cant seem to find a question or an answer about this specifically.
Or if I should just bite the bullet? Games are only going to get MORE graphically intensive (plus or minus the occasional indie blow ups), and my 3070 is really lagging behind on ray-tracing. Which is a function i would LOVE to use more of.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I'd like to physically upgrade the cards cooling, try to get a little more bang out of my old buck.
I would advise against that. The most you could do is replace the thermal pads and thermal paste with a higher quality pads and paste(like Kritical pads or Fujipoly and kPx paste).

So I was wondering if there are any physical hardware differences
Here's a tip, find the cards you've narrow down on, then inspect their PCB's, I know that they are reverse engineered by Asus so they are different in both card design and where power delivery componentry are located. If they line up perfectly, you can swap them though as I've said prior, I woudln't do it.

In fact, save whatever money you want to spend on the RTX5000 series when it releases. + Agreed if you're already on the RTX3000 series, the RTX4000 series isn't compelling unless you have money burning a hole in your wallet.

If you're facing a thermal issue, you might want to turn your attention to the case and it's airflow. Speaking of, what is the make and model of your case and the number and orientation of the fans?

Games are only going to get MORE graphically intensive (plus or minus the occasional indie blow ups), and my 3070 is really lagging behind on ray-tracing.
What would these games be?